Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #21  
Is the new GC's not made by Iseki anymore? That would be unfortunate.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #22  
Is the new GC's not made by Iseki anymore? That would be unfortunate.
It's still made by Iseki but the plant that manufacturers it isn't necessarily in Japan. They have manufacturing operations in 4 Japanese Cities, 2 Chinese Cities and 1 in Indonesia. North American machines were supposed to start exporting from Indonesia at an increased rate in 2017.

ISEKI > Company Profile >Main Plant

Iseki to expand Indonesian tractor plant to lift supply to US -
Nikkei Asian Review

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #23  
It's still made by Iseki but the plant that manufacturers it isn't necessarily in Japan. They have manufacturing operations in 4 Japanese Cities, 2 Chinese Cities and 1 in Indonesia. North American machines were supposed to start exporting from Indonesia at an increased rate in 2017.

ISEKI > Company Profile >Main Plant

Iseki to expand Indonesian tractor plant to lift supply to US -
Nikkei Asian Review

They planned to start exporting from the Indonesia plants in late 2018. So anyone with a tractor having a later 2018 build-date onward could have one made in Indonesia.

Mine is early 2018 and made in Japan. I'm not really sure there is all that much of a difference. They are reputable company and undoubtedly their processes, standards, and tooling would be used. I doubt any of us could tell much of a difference.
Either way, its good news for Japan that their company is growing. Good news that people in Indonesia have the employment opportunities.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #24  
Yea if you look around for these models on the link above they are a large chain dealer and maybe half of them have this quick attach FEL bucket, a $400 option.
As far as the used one it looked fine with some wear but would never consider it compared to the new one at these prices and not knowing what I would have mechanically. He didn't offer many options here including financing.

In regards to financing, I hear ya. As far as what you get when buying new vs used, that depends. You read stuff on this forum all the time, brand new tractors with screws coming out or whatever, back and forth to the dealer for warranty repair on this or that. But no guarantee a used tractor hasn't already been through all that either, I guess.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #25  
My biggest complaints are few.

1) The tilt wheel is cumbersome at best. To lock it securely means a struggle to unlock it. It’s more evident if you use it on hilly terrain, where you may have to stop fairly quickly going downhill, and the wheel moves up from your weight agains it.

2) The FEL hydraulic connections are cumbersome. They’re a tight squeeze, and I have to use a rag to get a decent grip on them to pull them back for connection/disconnection. Considering one of the primary uses for ours is mowing, I remove the FEL and backhoe for every mow.

3) Like everyone else, the placement of the ROPS lights. I snagged one, and broke it, the 2nd time I used it. I was able to glue and strap it back on, so no $125 replacement, yet.

4) This could be a pro or a con, depending how you look at it. The seating position is high, as noted in the video. The plus to it is having a good view over the front end.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #26  
I had my lights moved and speed knob on mine before I even got it off my trailer the day I bought it, I did put plastic plugs in the light holes the next day so there is no duck tape plugging the holes.
28C2C4A3-8A9F-4B4F-B377-E7CC0B3C81B8.jpg

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #27  
They planned to start exporting from the Indonesia plants in late 2018. So anyone with a tractor having a later 2018 build-date onward could have one made in Indonesia.

Mine is early 2018 and made in Japan. I'm not really sure there is all that much of a difference. They are reputable company and undoubtedly their processes, standards, and tooling would be used. I doubt any of us could tell much of a difference.
Either way, its good news for Japan that their company is growing. Good news that people in Indonesia have the employment opportunities.

Interesting, the article dated 2017 said they would "increase" tractor production to the U.S market. I wonder how long they have been shipping to the U.S. from Indonesia. I couldn't find anything on the web about that.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #28  
No Position control on the three point?!! Fail!

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #29  
Most SCUTs don;t have position control.
We use knee, bungee cord etc and while not perfect, works.

/ Test Drive Massey Ferguson GC1723E/GC1725M #30  
No Position control on the three point?!! Fail!

Oh? What subcompact has a proper position control? Where is the win?

Are you referring to the plastic thing the Deere 1 series has? That's a disappointment at best.

You can build something as simple that will hold better with parts from a hardware store.

I'm not even a Massey fanboy, you've just picked a ridiculous thing to bump an old thread over.