Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,861  
Better living through chemistry.... ;)

I'm on a couple medications that all cause drowsiness. So I take them before I go to bed. That probably helps me sleep.

Even though I drink 3-4 large glasses of milk between dinner and midnight, I still don't have to get up and use the bathroom for 6-7 hours. So I'm grateful for that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,862  
No schedule is what I most like about retirement. 😄.

I look back and see I had a boss from day one to retirement day. Parents, teachers, bosses or duties of work. Freedom baby! 🎉
I've always liked my jobs. Unfortunately, they have to be done on someone else's schedule. ;)

Today, it's snowing and wet/rainy. I wanted to work on a small plastic greenhouse my wife and I are making from an old portable carport frame that a neighbor gave us. But not that much! :)

So, I'll unload some lumber out of the suburban into the back garage, and head off to Menard's to pick up a cheap wooden screen door we're going to use for it's entrance. Wife has to work today, so I'll make her lunch and dinner in between, ride my rowing machine in the basement, play with the cats, and generally putter around in the basement and/or garages.

Several of our friends have retired in the past decade, and the running joke is every day is a Saturday! 🙃

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,863  
There is a movie made about Tucker. Jeff Bridges starred as Tucker and the rise & fall.
The Model AA flatbed stake I restored is in the Tucker film but when edited only a few seconds of screen time remain.

It is the truck Tucker drove to pickup parts to build the first Tucker

My 1905 Olds is in the Seabiscuit movie...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,864  
In Spain and other countries they still have a siesta in the middle of the day.
Many hot countries have morning/afternoon and skip the middle of the day.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,865  
In Spain and other countries they still have a siesta in the middle of the day.
Many hot countries have morning/afternoon and skip the middle of the day.
I used to do that on hot days when I was contract timber cruising. Get into the woods at first light, work until about 11:00; then find a stream to sit by for a few hours, reading a book and/or napping. I would start back up again around 3:00 or 4:00 and work a few more hours.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,866  
I think we may revert to our natural ways after we retire. My grandfathers would routinely take a nap after lunch.
Reminds me of an amusing scene in one of the greatest films of all time (IMO):

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,867  
Speak for yourself!!! :D
It's not uncommon for me to pull over for a nap during the ride home at the end of the day.
Also, on the first warm day of spring when leaves are still off the trees, the sun is beating down, and the bugs aren't out yet;
it's almost guaranteed that at lunch time I will curl up under a hemlock tree and take a nap. I've done it nearly every year since 1983. 😴
Same except my working life was mostly spent working shifts. 4 hours sleep coming off shift, another 4 before going back on. It became such a habit that aloghtou I have been reiired for 20 years, I still do 4&4

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,868  
The last crane I operated had a 3-53 in the upper, pretty noisy. The owner bought some Army Surplus aluminum 3-53's that were from Gama-Goats.

He had at least one in the upper on one crane. I operated it for about 3 months and you want to talk about noisy. The cast iron 3-53 in my crane had max rpm of 1900, but the aluminum one had a max of 2900, plus both had a blower.
The title requires you to "Tell us something we don't know."

Well, we don't know what you said. :)
You operated a crane, what's the other stuff about?

Care to elaborate a little?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,869  
The Model AA flatbed stake I restored is in the Tucker film but when edited only a few seconds of screen time remain.

It is the truck Tucker drove to pickup parts to build the first Tucker

My 1905 Olds is in the Seabiscuit movie...
Nice!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,870  
The title requires you to "Tell us something we don't know."

Well, we don't know what you said. :)
You operated a crane, what's the other stuff about?

Care to elaborate a little?
Sorry, I should have replied to Moss on page 385 he was talking about the Detroit Diesel 353 in the Gama-Goats.

I do that crap once in a while, makes sense to me only.