Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,851  
The last crane I operated had a 3-53 in the upper, pretty noisy. The owner bought some Army Surplus aluminum 3-53's that were from Gama-Goats.

He had at least one in the upper on one crane. I operated it for about 3 months and you want to talk about noisy. The cast iron 3-53 in my crane had max rpm of 1900, but the aluminum one had a max of 2900, plus both had a blower.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,852  
it's almost guaranteed that at lunch time I will curl up under a hemlock tree and take a nap. I've done it nearly every year since 1983. 😴
"uhh... Jstpssng... why are their grass stains on the ass of your jacket?"

1680353801500.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,853  
There's speculation Putin is using a body double. That would explain why he looks sick in one photo and healthy in another.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,854  
BTW... every normal parent in this country knows a lot about bi-phasic sleep. The last time I had a normal 8 hours through the night was before my oldest was born. By the time the last kid is old enough to no longer wake you during the night, your pattern is shot, your prostate too large, or your joints to old and sore to sleep the way you did in your youth. I've never been able to return to the blissful dead-to-the-world sleep I had in my 20's, and almost always wake at least once in the middle of the night to take a leak and check on things around the house.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,855  
Some people fight the two sleep pattern. Several people I know did. My wife was given one of those fitbit monitors, and the light bulb finally went on so to speak where she no longer says I just couldn't sleep last night, when in fact she did very much so, and was up in the middle of the night, like normal.
0401230909.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,856  
On virtually every continent, save for Antarctica, there is evidence of biphasic sleep among preindustrial cultures.
Two distinct blocks of sleep were called “first sleep” and “second sleep,” and the waking period in between was known as "the Watch" in English.
People were becoming increasingly time-conscious and sensitive to efficiency, but the industrial revolution intensified that attitude, until the 1920s, where an 8hr continous time for sleep became the norm.
Humans are the only mammals who routinely sleep only at night.
I think we may revert to our natural ways after we retire. My grandfathers would routinely take a nap after lunch. I'm having the same problem. The older I get, the more I want to take a nap after lunch. I look forward to retirement, when I can do what I want on my own schedule. 4 years or less! Yay!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,857  
On virtually every continent, save for Antarctica, there is evidence of biphasic sleep among preindustrial cultures.
Two distinct blocks of sleep were called “first sleep” and “second sleep,” and the waking period in between was known as "the Watch" in English.
People were becoming increasingly time-conscious and sensitive to efficiency, but the industrial revolution intensified that attitude, until the 1920s, where an 8hr continous time for sleep became the norm.
Humans are the only mammals who routinely sleep only at night.
I haven't slept for more than 5 hours in one stretch for over 40 years. I normally wake up 4 hours after I go to sleep, make a trip to the bathroom, lay awake for an hour or so and then sleep for another 2 to 4 hours.
When I was under 30 years old, I could sleep for 6 or 8 hours in a stretch, but never more than that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,858  
I haven't slept for more than 5 hours in one stretch for over 40 years. I normally wake up 4 hours after I go to sleep, make a trip to the bathroom, lay awake for an hour or so and then sleep for another 2 to 4 hours.
When I was under 30 years old, I could sleep for 6 or 8 hours in a stretch, but never more than that.
The only thing that wakes me up is my own snoring. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,859  
I normally wake up 4 hours after I go to sleep, make a trip to the bathroom,
I had surgery about 5 years ago to take care of that problem... it's really nice to be able to go all night again. Now I've had to cut back on coffee. More than one (20 oz) cup per day, and I don't sleep at night.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,860  
I think we may revert to our natural ways after we retire. My grandfathers would routinely take a nap after lunch. I'm having the same problem. The older I get, the more I want to take a nap after lunch. I look forward to retirement, when I can do what I want on my own schedule. 4 years or less! Yay!
No schedule is what I most like about retirement. 😄.

I look back and see I had a boss from day one to retirement day. Parents, teachers, bosses or duties of work. Freedom baby! 🎉