Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,831  
I noticed this the first time I started up my wife's 2020 Subaru Outback and posted something about it a couple weeks ago...

The auto headlights are a trip. When you start the car in the dark, facing a wall, you can see them come on, then it looks like a Hollywood special effects show. They spread out, come back to center, spread out again, then focus in the center again, dimming and brightening as they adjust. I had no idea they do that. I just thought they switched between low and high beams. They actually move the light beams in and out and up and down. Very trippy.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,832  
Some vehicles have had cornering lights which are and always have been legal.
Moveable head lamps have not.
Got it. No moving headlamps (other than the few available in 1950's... eg. Tucker).

None of my vehicles with steerable headlamps have accomplished this by physically moving the lamp assembly. Rather, they accomplish it internally, either by changing the relationship between light source and reflector, or varying the intensity of multiple filaments. But the point remains, steerable headlights have been sold on new cars for more than a decade, in this country. I turn the wheel right, and the beam of light from the headlamp also moves right.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,833  
View attachment 791980

This last sentence is not my view.
Hateuy:

ezgif-1-d443d3f96a.gif

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,834  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,835  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #3,837  
Image result for hatuey malta

Well this stuff is good (non alcoholic)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,839  
I never knew that!

That's the prototype, right? The production ones were slightly different mechanically, and powered by a supercharge two-stroke diesel, IIRC...

All the best,

Peter