/ TC33D wont start #121  
Thanks dada be
Mine won’t start but your post helped me find the fuse
Thanks again
farm dog

/ TC33D wont start #123  
Where did you find that relay?I have the same model and year TC30

/ TC33D wont start #126  
That's the part I used. I looked up my Amazon order to be sure it was the correct one. I put in a new ignition and added that relay 2 years ago this month and the tractor has started the first time, every time. My post in this thread after I finished is pretty detailed as to everything I did. I had a cabbed tractor so it may be just a little different.

/ TC33D wont start #127  
Hello, I am the latest owner to suffer this intermittent starting problem, which has gotten worse over time. I have a TC-29DA. There is a LOT of information on this site about the issue, and a good bit of it very useful. I believe, as of yesterday, that my problem is resolved (5 strong starts so far, hot or cold, without issue yet). I applied the starter relay circuit fix and cleaned up a few connections along the way. In total, I:

1. Added the starter relay circuit described (post #51 on this thread) <-- I suspect this is what really solved the problem
2. Replaced the positive battery cable end (resolved the OP's problem, and I thought mine looked pretty worn anyway)
3. Cleaned terminals on all fuses and relays (and replaced one fuse)
4. Cleaned ground connections to frame under battery and under starter
5. Cleaned ignition switch terminals

For anyone searching this problem in the future, here are other threads on the topic:
TC33da - starting problems (helpful pics in post #10)
(I said there is a lot!)

I purchased all materials needed at NAPA. Here are the part numbers as of today:
Relay: ECH AR143 (match for the three Bosh relays on the RHS of tractor for the glow plugs, neutral safety, and PTO safety), $20.69
Connector: ECH EC23, $ 14.33
Fuse holder: 782-2023, $3.88
I did not have the proper sized ring terminals, so I bought two packages (20/15 count) to get the two specific sizes:
5/16" blue ring: 784336, $5.99
3/8: yellow ring: 784348, $5.88 (they did not have blue for 14 AWG wire, so I crimped it good)

The connector has approx. 8in wires for each terminal, so no extra wire was needed for the job. The connector came with the butt-end terminals to join the wires. Everything listed was all the materials used (plus a 10A fuse and a mounting bolt). The day I went to do work on this, the tractor did not start at all, so I did it with the FEL attached. That was not pleasant, and my fingers hurt later, but it can be done! My wire from the neutral start relay to the s-terminal on the starter solenoid was tan, as indicated on the TC29DA/TC33DA operator's manual. I grounded my added relay to ground bolt below the starter. Getting at that area around the hydro manifold was the most tricky part... patience and luck.

20211019_071034.jpg20211019_071102.jpg20211020_083430.jpg

/ TC33D wont start #128  
It is a 2004 TC33D with less than 300 hours.
Here are the systems:

Used the tractor Monday mowing using rear PTO no problems.
Tried to start it Tuesday morning and it would not do anything.
Checked to make sure all the safety switch levers are in place, and all seem to be ok.
Went back later Tuesday afternoon and it started right up.
Went back today and now it wont start.
The starter doesn稚 engage.
I just hear clicking buzzing sounds under dash.
The lights dim like a short or dead battery.
Checked the battery, has 12.5 volts.
Tried to start with just battery power with a jumper cable at the starter, no luck. Starter did not engage.
Checked power at starter while trying to start only 8 volts.
Pulled the panels off sides and looked at the relays.
The 3 relays were all the same so I switched them around.
Still wont start, just buzzing at the relays.
The lights are dim on the 3 dash lights now.
Headlights are dim when turned on now.
Sometimes the flashers won稚 even flash.
Took the key switch out and checked it with meter seemed ok.

I tought it may be in the key switch?
Is the key switch a weakness or has that been a problem area?

I did read some other starting problems on the forum and plan to look at the safety switches again and try some more with the relays tomorrow.

I did a check on the fuses on the right side but did not remove them.
Are there any other fuses to check and where?

Any suggestions?

sherpa
I got a TC30 and went through the same problems.Wired around sensors etc....and it still played the starting game.For the last 3 years it cranks everytime because i wired around everything by putting a seperate key switch in

/ TC33D wont start #129  
Hello, I am the latest owner to suffer this intermittent starting problem, which has gotten worse over time. I have a TC-29DA. There is a LOT of information on this site about the issue, and a good bit of it very useful. I believe, as of yesterday, that my problem is resolved (5 strong starts so far, hot or cold, without issue yet). I applied the starter relay circuit fix and cleaned up a few connections along the way. In total, I:

1. Added the starter relay circuit described (post #51 on this thread) <-- I suspect this is what really solved the problem
2. Replaced the positive battery cable end (resolved the OP's problem, and I thought mine looked pretty worn anyway)
3. Cleaned terminals on all fuses and relays (and replaced one fuse)
4. Cleaned ground connections to frame under battery and under starter
5. Cleaned ignition switch terminals

For anyone searching this problem in the future, here are other threads on the topic:
TC33da - starting problems (helpful pics in post #10)
(I said there is a lot!)

I purchased all materials needed at NAPA. Here are the part numbers as of today:
Relay: ECH AR143 (match for the three Bosh relays on the RHS of tractor for the glow plugs, neutral safety, and PTO safety), $20.69
Connector: ECH EC23, $ 14.33
Fuse holder: 782-2023, $3.88
I did not have the proper sized ring terminals, so I bought two packages (20/15 count) to get the two specific sizes:
5/16" blue ring: 784336, $5.99
3/8: yellow ring: 784348, $5.88 (they did not have blue for 14 AWG wire, so I crimped it good)

The connector has approx. 8in wires for each terminal, so no extra wire was needed for the job. The connector came with the butt-end terminals to join the wires. Everything listed was all the materials used (plus a 10A fuse and a mounting bolt). The day I went to do work on this, the tractor did not start at all, so I did it with the FEL attached. That was not pleasant, and my fingers hurt later, but it can be done! My wire from the neutral start relay to the s-terminal on the starter solenoid was tan, as indicated on the TC29DA/TC33DA operator's manual. I grounded my added relay to ground bolt below the starter. Getting at that area around the hydro manifold was the most tricky part... patience and luck.

View attachment 717678View attachment 717679View attachment 717680
Thanks for such a through post with pictures, part numbers and pricing.

Glad to also learn your problem has been resolved!

/ TC33D wont start #130  
I think I have my issues resolved . I found some kind of control module that was in bad shape . I fixed 3 wires that had bare spots I also pulled all of my relays and polished up the contact points . Sprayed them with contact cleaned and sprayed with 2-26 .
Pic of the module .
IMG_3521.jpg