T494HC vs 4820 CH

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #1  

flyinghigh

Silver Member
Tractor
century
Please share your thoughts on 1 vs the other. Does anyone know if the 4820 has the rear 3 point hitch control so you don't have to get back in the cab?

thanks.

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #2  
Please share your thoughts on 1 vs the other. Does anyone know if the 4820 has the rear 3 point hitch control so you don't have to get back in the cab?

thanks.
It does not. That was one of the reasons I picked the T574. My dealer was going to give me the same price on 5520. I liked the creature comfort more. @CloverKnollFarms and I bought all at the same time but made different choices. These are both great tractor values, but have slightly different features.

You mentioned being worried about TYM dropping the Branson line. They could have just done it when they finished the takeover. I expect over time they will merge some of the things to make an when better tractor. They deliberately moved parts to the GA plant (Branson) not likely they do that if they wanted to just jettison the brand. All dealers got to order all models. I think they probably still lean toward their legacy models (minds stocks mostly Branson legacy models).

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #3  
20230415_120820.jpg

The back of my 574 right before I took delivery.

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #4  
20230315_121952.jpg

I don't have a shot of the back of the 5520...clearly they have a lot of them, though!

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH
Torvy can I get the contact information for your dealer? I'd like to check a price with him

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #6  
I was torn because the 4820 does not have the rear 3pt control, but I had already decided to install a quick attach... So it doesn't make a lot of difference now, especially with the hydraulic top link as well. You can do it all from the operator seat

Last edited:
   / T494HC vs 4820 CH #7  
Even though I have a ROPS tractor, the rear 3 pt control still very nice and handy to have. I fabricated one for mine. It's fairly easy to do and it doesn't need to be over done as mine. Something simpler will work fine. If you can fabricate a little bit, it's another option to consider.

IMG_20201125_182740.jpg

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #8  
Torvy can I get the contact information for your dealer? I'd like to check a price with him
We share the same dealer. Great folks but I highly recommend using your local dealer. If you don’t support them they will not be there when you need them. Plus they may choose not to work on it if you need them too or their customers would take priority over you.

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH #9  
^what he said!

K5lwq turned me on to Big Tex. Not my closest dealer, but the best of the choices.

/ T494HC vs 4820 CH
Unfortunately we don't have the breadth of choices up here that you have in Texas. Most dealers only carry a few tractors on the lot and if they order it for you it cost another $3,000 just in shipping that's not in the budget.