T494HC vs LS HT347

/ T494HC vs LS HT347 #1  

flyinghigh

Silver Member
Tractor
century
Well, one of the members here really through me a curve ball...he was all set to buy a HT357 (just as I almost did this past Saturday) when he came upon the TYM T574...which he bought instead.

Now he has me looking at a T494HC that I had a chance to drive today. some of the things that appear better:

1. A true 3rd function option. up/down buttons built in the joystick at the factory. just hook up the hoses and a small kit ($850 installed) and you are able to use all 3 functions at the same time. the lines to the front are METAL not hoses.
2. Total bucket lift is 110 inch vs 94...man this is a big deal when stacking brush for a fire.
3. 100 lb more loader lift
4. 1000lb more 3 point lift
5. 7 gallon larger fuel tank
6. I can get a 49 HP motor WITHOUT a turbo and complications that can come with that. Motor has no computer, no sensors and the def system is a stand alone detachable module that can be disconnected at any time. If you get the motor started it will keep running until you turn it off...it can't get turned off by a computer issue.
7. It still has the rear controls for the 3 point so you dont have to go back and forth into the cab.
8. It has an actual height adjustment knob on the seat in addition to the bounce tension. The arm rests are not adjustable like the LS
9. It has the option of 3 rear remotes and space for a 3rd control level in the console
10. the cabin is much larger, I am 6 1 and it has a foot of headroom vs a few inches in the LS
11. better visibility as the pillars of the cab are thinner
12. it is quieter than the LS
13. it is $5k less than the LS
14. it is a 4 cylinder vs a 3 and has more displacement
I don't know guys, this has really given me pause.
Thoughts?

/ T494HC vs LS HT347
Ran all the numbers today and because of the differnence in trade allowance from the 2 dealers it is less than $500 difference between the 2...but it is hard to get past the 15 inch difference in lift height.

Last edited: