Buying Advice Switch from LS to Deere?

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
Hey guys I've been doing something thinking about trading tractors. I currently have a 2013 LS R3039 shuttle shift and it's been a great tractor, only thing I've ever had to do was put a new battery on it last year. It has 39hp and a 4-cylinder Mitsubishi engine that is pre-emission regulation. At the time, I was living on 6 acres and I was maintaining a gravel driveway that was regularly prone to wash-outs, I was doing a lot of material moving with the bucket for various projects, and I was bush hogging about 3 acres. I also had bought a 100 acre hunting property and I was using the tractor to establish food plots, cut new trails, and bush hog and maintain existing trails.

I have since moved to a newer, less maintenance home on 3.5 acres in a subdivision. I have a concrete driveway now and I only have about 1.5 acres of woods behind the house to maintain with a bush hog. I still have the 100 acre hunting property, but I've cut all the trails I need so now most of the work is just bush hogging the trails once a year to keep them from growing up again. I also have been renting a rotary tiller every 3 years to till up the food plots for reseeding. So my overall needs for a 39hp tractor have lessened considerably. I'm at a point now where I've been thinking about slightly downsizing, but getting into a newer tractor with the iMatch hitch and just getting two new attachments that I would need to use instead of the mismatched, beat up, worn out stuff that I have now.

I've been thinking about trading for a Deere 3032E and getting a new bush hog and a grader blade. Interested to hear people's thought's on my idea. Thanks!

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #2  
Seams to me it would be an expensive trade. If the tractor is in good shape I would upgrade the mower and blade, and keep on keeping on until the tractor needed to be changed.

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #3  
Gotta agree with GeeRay here. You'll spend serious coin and end up with less tractor. LS are decent tractors. Unless yours has issues, not sure what you expect to gain by the switch.

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #4  

LS R3039 Dimensions​

Wheelbase:65.4 inches
166 cm
Length:117.6 inches
298 cm
Width:54.3 inches
137 cm
Height (ROPS):92.6 inches
235 cm
Weight:2780 lbs
1261 kg

John Deere 3032E Dimensions​

Dimensions
Wheelbase:60 inches
152 cm
Length:111 inches
281 cm
Width:56.5 inches
143 cm (min)
58 inches
147 cm (max)
Height (hood):51 inches
129 cm
Height (ROPS):82.3 inches
209 cm
Operating weight:2175 lbs
986 kg

The Deere 3032e is 2" wider and 605 pounds lighter than your LS R3039.
The Deere 3032e has more perishable aluminum and plastic components, relative to durable steel components supplied in the LS.

Deere is no more maneuverable, a tad less stable and less capable overall than your current LS.

I have a 2013 LS R3039 shuttle shift and it's been a great tractor. The only thing I've had to do was put a new battery in it after seven years.

This is a no-brainer: KEEP THE LS 3039.

Buy new implements and a quick hitch for the LS R3039.

Carters quick EZ hitch site:tractorbynet.com

Last edited:
   / Switch from LS to Deere? #6  
I went through a similar process about a decade ago myself. I downgraded from a 53hp geared tractor to a 38 hp hst tractor with shorter wheelbase after moving to a smaller property. It was a game changer for maneuverability, so I get where you are coming from on this.

My only caveat would be to take a look at the 20xxR and 30xxR series tractors too. The 30xxE series seems a little underwhelming to me personally. If your patient and not in a hurry you can probably score a low hour one in the used market too. Which is another reason to maybe consider upgrading your implements separately from your tractor.

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #7  
You want to spend more money for less tractor? Unless the LS has turned into a money pit with lots of repairs somewhere along the line I'd stick with the LS as long as I could get parts when needed.

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #8  
I'd see an LS dealer about trading down to a new MT2 or MT3 series or similar. You might need a smaller machine, but still want something with guts.

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #9  
I agree keep the LS, you will be glad you did down the road.

/ Switch from LS to Deere? #10  
Keep the LS is my vote too. Save the cash and you know you have had no problems with it.