Suzue M1200 KE70 fuel injection pump issues

/ Suzue M1200 KE70 fuel injection pump issues #1  

NicholasII

Tractor
Suzue M1200 KE70
Hi all,

First of all, i'm very glad to have found such an active community discussing even the most niche of tractors :) I'm sure that with the help of you guys, any issue can be fixed.

A little history on my little Suzue, i've bought it a couple of weeks ago. The previous owner told me it ran out of diesel, he refueled it and it didnt start. My first thought was; what a fool, he probably doesnt realise the system has air in it. Let's pick up this tractor for a very good price!
Fast forward a few weeks, and the following has been repaired/replaced:
- New pistons, rings
- Refinished connecting rods
- Refinished crankshaft
- New bearing shells
- various other replaced broken parts, i.e. the waterpump, gaskets, injector nozzles, bearings
- General maintenance like oils and filters

As you might have guessed by now, the issue was NOT that it ran out of fuel. One cylinder didn't have bearing shells anymore (ground into a pulp, gave a nice metallic effect to the oil), and the crankshaft and connecting rod were deformed. Slight miscalculation on my end..

By now the engine has been rebuilt, AND IT RUNS! The only issue is with the injection pump. After cleaning and reassembling we've used the manual to get it dialed in as good as possible, but with the throttle fully open it doesn't run properly. Also, it kinda seems as if the engine can't keep up with the amount of diesel it's being fed. Do any of you know what might be the issue here?

Looking forward to fixing the issues, great thanks in advance to any of you willing to help out!
Nick

/ Suzue M1200 KE70 fuel injection pump issues #2  
Nick, welcome to TBN. Basically you have a Mitsubishi tractor. :) Most Suzue owners go here,

Might I ask, how did you ever find parts to rebuild. The KE70, KE75 and the KE130 right now are very hard to find engine parts.

You can get the engine service manuals for free on the other tractor forum site.

MITSUBISHI K2A K2B K2C KE55 KE70 KE75 SERVICE MANUAL FR.pdf

MITSUBISHI ENGINE KE70 KE75 PARTS LIST.pdf

MITSUBISHI MT372 KE70 REPAIR MANUAL.pdf

Those should tell you how to get the fuel pump timed with the governor.

/ Suzue M1200 KE70 fuel injection pump issues
Thanks bmaverick,

I managed to find a lot of the service manuals, parts books and even exploded views of the engines online. Quite well documented for such an old machine.

In the Netherlands we have a couple of webshops selling the parts, there seems to be no shortage. For some of the more rare items like connecting rods, i found them on ebay which led me to the Polish wholeseller. They seem to have A LOT in stock. Shipping also was no issue.

On topic:
We managed to get the suzue running pretty good yesterday, by fiddling with the injector shims and plunger settings. It ran well enough to drive the attachment into the ground, actually impressive in our clay soil.

It still needs some tweaking, such as a new voltage regulator and perhaps alternator, but we're nearly there.

/ Suzue M1200 KE70 fuel injection pump issues
@admin
Can you perhaps move the topic to the Mitsubishi subforum? Thanks :)

@Muhammad can you assist?

Last edited: