Super C rear tire question

/ Super C rear tire question #1  

Haybaler1961

Tractor
Satoh ST-3200 B Farmall Internation 454 60 John Deere
Howdy all.

I have a Farmall Super C that needs one rear tire (10-36 or 11.2-36)..the others are like new.

I looked online, just to get an idea on prices of rear tires, they are pricey, for me anyway.
A buddy of mine bought some Chinese imports for his tractor that were a lot cheaper.
Anyone here bought an import tire? I'd like to get a name brand to ask a few dealers around me if they can order me one.

The cleats are pretty near worn off the left rear, but holds air fine.
I need this tractor this summer to pull a New Holland rake, and like to get it rigged up for this next winter to work in the woods.

Used rear tires are hard to find here..I called several places, put ads on Craigslist, no luck so far.

/ Super C rear tire question
Well, I got my tire situation figured out.
I bought another Super C that was fixin to be junked, and it had 10-36 rear tires with about 70% cleats left. Same year model as mine.
Tractor was not in that bad of shape, front tires was still good, lots of good parts. He said the motor was stuck, and it's not.
I got it started after an hour of piddling with it. It smokes some, so I'll overhaul later this fall after hay season. Maybe make another rake or sickle-mower tractor out of it.
For $200.00, I couldn't pass it up.

/ Super C rear tire question #4  
Alright! Sounds like you got yourself a good deal. Hard to imagine losing any money on a running tractor for $200.

Ya, it was a pretty good deal.
I'm gonna pull the right rear wheel off, put on the good running Super C, then park the other one under the shed on blocks, and piddle with it in my spare time.
It smokes quite a bit, but I don't hear any pinging, rattling or bad noises (listening through a long socket extension to my ear).

/ Super C rear tire question #7  
Yep, sure got a deal there..!! Only thing that would make it sweeter, is if it had Fast Hitch..!!

Well, things have changed again.

I did some calling around, found one good tire in east Texas (11.2x36) with the rim, 90% and by the time I drove there, 4 hours worth, it was not worth the $300.00 to me.
Gas and time to go there..didn't add up for me.

Well, I was working on the running tractor the other day that needs the rear tire, and the rear tire size got my attention.
I had to put on my glasses to read it..and low and behold, it was a 12.4-36.
I went to the other side, and same thing (the one that was worn out).
I had assumed they were 11.2 by the way they looked..I was too busy getting this tractor up to snuff for hay season to pay attention to the size.
Feel like a dummy now, but good came of it.

So, I called this tire company that's not too far from me, and they advertised they can get any tractor tire, any size.
I called them.
They can get me a new 12.4-36, delivered to my house for $342.00.
That is near $200.00 cheaper than a 10-36 and the 11.2-36 tire (by the time I pay shipping cost plus tire cost)
So, I ordered it, it will be here Friday.

So, I'll leave the other tires on the 'junk' Super C, and once I get it going, won't have to worry about tires on it now.

Good things do come for those that wait I reckon.

/ Super C rear tire question #9  
C and Super C 11.2 x 36 tires are very hard to find. Firestone sells on for about $450 or so.

Just as a reference for others, This place has done me VERY well!

Agriculture Tires | Nebraska Tire

I got BKT (Made in Serbia? I think...) 14.9 x 24 DEEP LUG tires for only $199 each.

They offer these:
TD13 Mitas 12.4X36/6Ply Tube type OD 57.7 Weight 116Lbs 44/32nds Tread Depth

The also have in their "Antique Tractor Tires" section Titan brand (made in USA) 11.2 - 36 4 -ply

Firth, Nebraska
204 West 3rd street
1-800-234-5242 402-791-5862
sales@nebraskatire.com