Sun Covers for Tires

/ Sun Covers for Tires #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
Does anyone know of a company that makes sun covers for tractor size tires? I'd like to help the tires last longer.
rScotty

/ Sun Covers for Tires #2  
Does anyone know of a company that makes sun covers for tractor size tires? I'd like to help the tires last longer.
rScotty

Best sun cover for tractor tires is made of steel .....by... Morton Buildings!

/ Sun Covers for Tires #3  
Hmmm... I don't know of anyone specifically but it does remind me of a Navy shop with a large industrial sewing machine. The sailors would make weather-proof coverings for various deck fittings.

Maybe try a chandler shop/website? Sail-maker? They'd just need measurements & a description/drawing of what you require.

/ Sun Covers for Tires #4  
A cheapie solution: small tarps and bungie cords. Inexpensive to start and cheap to replace! Get the silver ones to reflect some of the heat.

/ Sun Covers for Tires #5  
Maybe try a chandler shop/website? Sail-maker? They'd just need measurements & a description/drawing of what you require.

Thinking a wee bit more on the subject... a local furniture upholsterer should be able to knock up what you'd need. You'd just have to discuss what kind of material, design and dimensions.

Wheel cosies. :)

/ Sun Covers for Tires
Wheel cosies. :)

I guess that's right. Or maybe call them tire cosies and let them protect the wheels too. I'd have thought that it would already be a commercial item - though I do sometimes see something similar on RVs that just sit there in the sun for 90% of the year. But apparently there's nothing for tractors even though they could use some protection too. This could be a business opportunity for someone. Around here a lot of people put a sun shade inside the windshield of the their car to protect and cool the inside. Something similar to protect expensive tractor tires seems like a natural.
rScotty

/ Sun Covers for Tires #8  
Quick thought would be maybe look at some Grill covers. Some are pretty big ???

/ Sun Covers for Tires #9  
A cheapie solution: small tarps and bungie cords. Inexpensive to start and cheap to replace! Get the silver ones to reflect some of the heat.

That's what I do also....only for equipment that isn't used very often.

/ Sun Covers for Tires #10  
West side of my house gets no shade. In trials, shading it reduced outside wall temp by 40^ on a typical sunny August day, 15-20 inside wall. (That's brutal sunlight, folks.)

I've hung a cheap silver tarp like a mural on that wall ever since. Costs me ~$20 every 2-3 years (wind shreds 'em) I buy 8 1/2' x 11 1/2' to have grommets on both long sides and a 'drop fit'. A large enough one could could be cut up. Most home sewing machines will stitch 4 plys of HFT tarp easily if you make your own covers.

Call a 'tent & tarp' shop if you have one local. Sunbrella (TM) or other polyester (boat cover grade) would last the longest of breathable mat'ls, and likely cost the most. UV kills stuff that laughs at weather extremes. Formula 303 is also my pick for slather-on protection of tires, vinyl, patio furniture, paint, recoil pads ...