Stump Bucket for L2800

/ Stump Bucket for L2800 #1  

ubelongoutside

Tractor
Kubota L2800D & John Deere GX335
I want to get a stump bucket for my L2800.

Anyone have any experience with one on an L2800 or similar size/power tractor?

I'd mainly use it for small pine and cherry stumps in sandy soil, and maybe some trenching duty.

I see the ones from Mid-State and skid steer attachment depot. They look very similar. I might see if any of the local dealers have one.

/ Stump Bucket for L2800 #2  
My much heavier Kubota L3560 was not heavy enough, nor the hydraulics powerful enough, to operate a Stump Bucket even in sandy Florida. It is the length of Bucket Spades than confound tractors.

Stump Buckets are primarily Skid Steer attachments.

An L2800 can operate one of the lighter Bucket Spades, which may be sufficient for your applications.

Last edited:
   / Stump Bucket for L2800 #3  
If you want to dig stumps the size of your arm maybe it’s ok. If you’re wanting to dig an actual stump forget it.

/ Stump Bucket for L2800
My much heavier Kubota L3560 was not heavy enough, nor the hydraulics powerful enough, to operate a Stump Bucket even in sandy Florida. It is the length of Bucket Spades than confound tractors.

Stump Buckets are primarily Skid Steer attachments.

An L2800 can operate one of the lighter Bucket Spades, which may be sufficient for your applications.

Thanks for the info. I had not come across a bucket spade, but I like it.

The length thing makes sense. Once you get that far out you're losing a lot of the leverage equation.

The link to the stump bucket is the one you had and sold?

/ Stump Bucket for L2800 #7  
Tree spades as mentioned are best on skid steers. I did find that this spade style penetrates the ground easier than the flat bottom type.
I kept this spade after selling my Bobcat. I use it mostly for transplanting bushes/small trees.
100_1660.JPG