stuck pin

/ stuck pin #1  

Davenj4f

Tractor
Kubota BX-25D
2019 BX25D. During last greasing operation, I could not get grease in the top joint of the outrigger. The arrow points at it. I took the C clip off, thinking the pic would come out, but light tapping got nowheres. Before I hit it hard, I need to know if it is solid and OK to hit hard. Wish I had an exploded view parts document, but don't.
Zerk fitting is on the otherside.

1702921396686.jpeg

/ stuck pin #2  
Suggest unscrew Zerk , clear, reinstall, and try to get grease in.
Pin is almost certainly solid. Be careful not to bend the ears or booger up the end so it jams up inside worse than it is already.
May need some heat but you'll need to be really careful with getting too much heat further down the cylinder.
Worst case may need a portapower with a hollow cylinder to extract

/ stuck pin #3  
Most likely one of two things has happene. Either the pin has become bound to the cylinder rod bore, and or this has allowed the rod to turn in the stab leg wearing a notch in the pin. I always hate hammering on a pin, if you mushroom the end, it’s not going back through the hole. Before getting carried away, get a good high power heat gun and or a hand torch and heat the pin from both sides and see if that loosens the harder grease any, and that itself may allow the pin to move. If all else fails, I have had to saw out the pin and then get the cylinder in a press to get the piece out. FYI Messicks has an easy to use parts book system for Kubota

the pin will be drilled halfway down from the filling hole to the middl, then cross drilled to get grease to the rod

IMG_0724.jpeg

/ stuck pin #4  
If it is not moving with light tapping, heavy tapping is next. I like to shield the pin from damage by using a brass punch or put hard wood or aluminum on the pin to hit. If you keep progressing more forceful and it still doesn't move, then heating the middle of the area where the pin is stuck may help. I would rather have to touch up some paint than not free this pin up.

/ stuck pin #5  
As mentioned MTGreen, remove zerk and get as much grease/dirt as you can. Fill hole with liquid penetrate replace zerk and pump grease in with a good lever gun, or cordless gun with 10,000 psi. It may take a good bit of leverage on the handle but a good gun "should" push the liquid through the caked grease and dirt and grease will follow. May lube it up enough to get it out.

I've picked up several brass hammers over the years at auctions just for this purpose. Place it on the pin and smack it with a sledge saves boogering up the pin.

/ stuck pin #6  
Make sure you have released all hydraulic pressure . Your photo shows the stabilizer as being up so their is some on it to hold it there.

/ stuck pin
Suggest unscrew Zerk , clear, reinstall, and try to get grease in.
Pin is almost certainly solid. Be careful not to bend the ears or booger up the end so it jams up inside worse than it is already.
May need some heat but you'll need to be really careful with getting too much heat further down the cylinder.
Worst case may need a portapower with a hollow cylinder to extract
Thanks MT. Have already unscrewed, and even replaced the zerk fitting. Even acquired one of those grease joint rejuvenators, didn't help. If the pin is solid, I can pound it out appropriately, but didn't know if it was. Certainly seems so, but didn't want to do the wrong thing to start off. Like I said, already removed the clip and tapped some, but didn't budge. Was hoping someone could confirm it is solid and ok to hit harder. BTW, know where I could get an exploded parts list ?

/ stuck pin #8  
As Matt reply,also try spray lube hit pin back and forth.