Stihl or Echo top handle saw?

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #53  
I have a stihl ms151.

The little thing rips.

Buy once, cry once and it's too expensive to be cheap.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #54  
Replacement parts become inconsequential (other than chain loops and infrequently bars) if the saw is taken care of, good example is my 028WB Stihl which is not a 'pro saw', never has been, back then there was no differentiation like that. 45+ years of use and no engine related issues. How many people actually keep a saw that long and actually use it? Not many I'd guess.

Far as I'm concerned the 'pro saw' notation is nothing but an avenue to up the cost and not much more and a whole lot less.
Whatever works for you. The loggers, arborists, and wildland firefighters use the pro saws. Probably not needed for the average person who cuts 4 cords a year.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #55  
Whatever works for you. The loggers, arborists, and wildland firefighters use the pro saws. Probably not needed for the average person who cuts 4 cords a year.
Probably because they don't pay for them, you do in the case of firefighters (taxes) and loggers don't buy their own saws or if they do, their employer offsets the cost anyway.

I don't cut wood as a rule and don't heat with wood either. My cutting is confined to storm damage and culled trees, all of which wind up on the burn pile. Had a huge pile of cut and seasoned hardwood and offered it for free on the Arborist forum and no takers, so it too was relegated to the burn pile.

I have no issue roasting it actually.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #56  
Keep in mind that I work part time for my Kubota dealer and he is an authorized Echo dealer so I get my saws and power equipment at cost, and... Echo has the best warranty in the business as well (I get to work on them also). Echo will warrant every piece of equipment they off, for 5 years unless it's used in a commercial operation, then it's 1 year and I've found (by hands on experience) that Echo will stand behind their power tools for just about everything except a straight gassed tool and Echo instructs us to drain the fuel before anything else and check it before any warranty is applied. If it's corn squeezed stale gas or straight gas, no warranty. real simple and cut and dried.

Try that with your local Stihl dealer and report back. Most time a Stihl dealer won't even look at a saw unless you buy it there. Not an issue with Echo, don't care where you buy it. Echo warrants all their tools on serial number, not where you purchased it.

We get saws and trimmers in that were purchased elsewhere but come to us for service. No big deal, like I said, try that with your local Stihl dealer and report back...lol

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw?
Its like little farmers who farm little acres and make 100 bales a year. They don’t need proper, professional farming equipment, either.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #58  
Keep in mind that I work part time for my Kubota dealer and he is an authorized Echo dealer so I get my saws and power equipment at cost, and... Echo has the best warranty in the business as well (I get to work on them also). Echo will warrant every piece of equipment they off, for 5 years unless it's used in a commercial operation, then it's 1 year and I've found (by hands on experience) that Echo will stand behind their power tools for just about everything except a straight gassed tool and Echo instructs us to drain the fuel before anything else and check it before any warranty is applied. If it's corn squeezed stale gas or straight gas, no warranty. real simple and cut and dried.

Try that with your local Stihl dealer and report back. Most time a Stihl dealer won't even look at a saw unless you buy it there. Not an issue with Echo, don't care where you buy it. Echo warrants all their tools on serial number, not where you purchased it.

We get saws and trimmers in that were purchased elsewhere but come to us for service. No big deal, like I said, try that with your local Stihl dealer and report back...lol
Echo and Husky also make pro saws. My local Stihl dealer works on any brand of small engine equipment. He actually replaced the engine in my old Echo wheeled string trimmer last year with a Honda engine.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw? #59  
1714728268514.png

Got the ECHO CS-355T from HD for $350. Been a Hella of a great little saw. Haven't tried the limb pinch jerk out maneuver yet.
I have gotten bars pinched. I remover the bar from the powerhead. Get another saw and cut my way free. Sometimes a hand saw.
Doesn't happen often, maybe dozen times in my lifetime so far.

/ Stihl or Echo top handle saw?
That’s the one I have on my short list.