Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,301  
I bet Ted will be wearing an orange jump suit and sandals with grippy socks!

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,302  
Isn't the ground still on the bottom, neutral is the T slot?
Electrical wire contains three wires.1. White-2.Black 3. Bare Wire or Green wire.

When using electrical wire to wire a wall receptacle one places the black wire on the brass screw, the white wire of the shiny screw and the bare or green wire on the brass neutral safety screw.

One then connects the black wire to the single screw on a circuit breaker in the main breaker box. One then connects the white wire to the grounding bar built into the breaker box. (there are usually two in the breaker box) The bare wire (no insulation or covering) or green wire to the other grounding bar in the breaker box.

This wiring procedure is recommended by licensing officials to prevent injury or death. Because a break in connectivity occurs when plugging in an electrical cord into a receptacle box more often than one thinks.

So the round neutral ground is an added layer of safety. It was not intended to replace the function of the white ground wire or the large plug hole in the receptacle box. The large ground spade connector on the plug and the female orifice on the receptacle are/is still the primary ground.

A “break” in the neutral line occurs a lot more often than you think. In fact, a “temporary” break in the neutral happens all the time. Think about it… when you stick a 2-pronged plug into a receptacle, do you think the neutral always makes contact first? Nope - the hot and neutral prongs are the same length. So when you plug something into an outlet, 50% of the time the hot makes contact before the neutral! This means there will be a time span (typically a few tens of milliseconds) where only the hot is making contact at the plug/receptacle, and not the neutral. If the neutral were connected to the chassis, and you happened to be touching the chassis while sticking the plug in the receptacle, you’d get zapped (assuming you’re grounded).

So how do we get around this problem? By running a third wire that connects between earth ground and the chassis. In addition, we make the ground prong longer than the hot and neutral prongs. That way the chassis is connected to ground before the other two are connected.

A “break” in the neutral line occurs a lot more often than you think. In fact, a “temporary” break in the neutral happens all the time. Think about it… when you stick a 2-pronged plug into a receptacle, do you think the neutral always makes contact first? Nope - the hot and neutral prongs are the same length. So when you plug something into an outlet, 50% of the time the hot makes contact before the neutral! This means there will be a time span (typically a few tens of milliseconds) where only the hot is making contact at the plug/receptacle, and not the neutral. If the neutral were connected to the chassis, and you happened to be touching the chassis while sticking the plug in the receptacle, you’d get zapped (assuming you’re grounded).”

So how do we get around this problem? By running a third wire that connects between earth ground and the chassis. In addition, we make the ground prong longer than the hot and neutral prongs. That way the chassis is connected to ground before the other two are connected.

On a kitchen sink, Cold water is on the right. Hot water is on the left.

In a wall receptacle ground is on the left, (white wire)primary voltage is on the right (black wire) neutral safety ground (round hole bottom) bare or green wire.

Only two thing you have to remember about electricity.

1. You cannot see it

2. It will kill you

3. This is what will make electric cars dangerous. People don’t understand 1 and 2 and they are smarter than the engineers that designed and built the electric car so they modify it and start a fire that burns the house down.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,303  
Don't leave out many older plugs are not polarized... the plug will go in to the receptacle either way.

I still see old washing machines with no plug with the third prong ground.

These were to have a separate wire from chassis to to cold water pipe...

Don't forget old electric 240volt ranges with a 120 volt convenience outlet built in...

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,304  
I know you are all trying to be funny with the off topic posts in this thread, but damn, you are really doing a severe disservice to anyone new to this thread who had unresolved issues looking for more solid information about EA. Just my opinion, of course.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,305  
I know you are all trying to be funny with the off topic posts in this thread, but damn, you are really doing a severe disservice to anyone new to this thread who had unresolved issues looking for more solid information about EA. Just my opinion, of course.
It is just that there really is nothing happening with the EA story. It's in the hands of the courts so we all know that EA ist kaput but not much else. I have been on other sites and forums and it's pretty much the same as here. Other than some still bragging about their wonderful and no longer available EA attachments, there isn't much to say.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,306  
It is just that there really is nothing happening with the EA story. It's in the hands of the courts so we all know that EA ist kaput but not much else. I have been on other sites and forums and it's pretty much the same as here. Other than some still bragging about their wonderful and no longer available EA attachments, there isn't much to say.
Furthermore, there is another thread

specifically for people who had unresolved issues looking for more solid information about EA.

I believe the latest is that they are kaput.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,307  
Meh, I suspect the first 100 pages of the thread covered the pertinent issues, even before that it was quite repetitive. A little topic deviation is expected on any forum, but I digress as I just added to it 😎

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,309  
Your right... I have nothing to add and unless I could do some gumshoe investigation I probably won't have anything original to add...

Never have I unsubscribed from a thread in 20 years at TBN but unsubscribing will remove the temptation...

Last edited:
   / Status of Everything Attachments #1,310  
Back to topic at hand, SOCKS. Ok, is it sock sock, shoe shoe, OR Sock shoe, sock shoe?