starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off

/ starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off #1  

clemdidem

Tractor
mahindra 2415
Ive been haveing a problem starting my 2415 for quite a while....first, when the key is turned on it makes the clidking sound while the plugs wrm up...when the clicking stopps i turn the key further to the right and sometimes it starts and others it just clcks at which time i wiggle the key clickig it each time and eventually it catches and start. thts one problem...tonight I turned the key and the clicking indicting the plugs were warming up, started but it never stopped....it keeps on clicking and I cant figure out if the plugs are not heating or what....if I continue the key to the right nothing happens

/ starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off #2  
The clicking from your glow plug relay and starter relay are from low voltage/current. Have you load tested your battery, or tried jumping from another source? Have you checked alternator voltage when engine runs?
Probably a bad battery or connection.
If it starts normal with a jump, check alternator voltage. If voltage is correct, remove battery and have battery tested and replaced if needed.
Be sure to clean terminals when installing battery.
Hope this helps.
Patrick

/ starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off #3  
Are you sure the clicking you hear isn’t your fuel lift pump?

/ starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off #4  
It does sound like a low battery or dirty terminal issue. Charge the battery, with a full charge connect a voltmeter to the battery. It should be over twelve volts. While monitoring voltage have someone go through the start procedure. If the battery drops below ten volts or so a replacement is probably due. If the voltage stays up clean battery terminals and cable connectors. Do not neglect the frame ground point. Replace connectors and tighten SECURELY.

/ starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off #5  
Loose or bad ground.

/ starting,,,, clicking doesn't shut off #6  
Battery or battery connection issues. Bad ground and/or low voltage cause all kinds of weird issues from electrical gremlins to no start to "nothing wrong"