square baler trouble shooting

/ square baler trouble shooting #21  
Just sold my square bailer a few months ago. Personally, I dislike small squares. Had a pristine NH 575 High capacity synthetic twine baler with all the bells and whistles that ran like a champ and was always stored inside. Even the paint on the extra sweep pickup wasn't worn off. Sold it in 2 days for $12500 cash. Not sad to see it leave either. Did good. Had it 10 years and paid 13 for it. That part of my 'hay adventures' is done.

/ square baler trouble shooting #22  
Not sure why you think so. I just wanrt to make sure It is worth fixing before I spend $50 on the service and parts manuals. I do not think I need a manual to figure a problem that I imagine will be obvious.

Think about it. Not trying to dis u; just pointing out how it is usually the other way around - the book is needed or at least helps, to figure it out. Thus it sounds funny to do it the other way around……

/ square baler trouble shooting #23  
Not sure why you think so. I just wanrt to make sure It is worth fixing before I spend $50 on the service and parts manuals. I do not think I need a manual to figure a problem that I imagine will be obvious.
Why would you buy something that you may not use? Obviously your problem is not obvious or you would have already figured it out.

/ square baler trouble shooting
I have hardly tried to figure it out. If I can't find a problem after spending a little time on it I will get the manuals. I would go ahead and get them but my finances are extremely tight right now... Hence me doing it the other way around... :(

/ square baler trouble shooting
I prefer square bales for feeding as I I can feed what the cows need everyday. Also like to spread the hay out to distribute impact and fertilizer. Since I only have 10 cows square is much better.

/ square baler trouble shooting #26  
I have run a 9 for years. The machine should turn over by hand by turning the flywheel counter clockwise while facing the flywheel.

Sounds like the slip clutch is doing it's job.

/ square baler trouble shooting #27  
I have run a 9 for years. The machine should turn over by hand by turning the flywheel counter clockwise while facing the flywheel.

Sounds like the slip clutch is doing it's job.
So I understand....can you spin the machine by hand at all?

/ square baler trouble shooting #28  
If you can turn machine by hand and the PTO will NOT turn the machine, your slip clutch could be shot OR the over running clutch is seized.

Attachments

• 100_1097.JPG
    100_1097.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
   / square baler trouble shooting #29  
I have hardly tried to figure it out. If I can't find a problem after spending a little time on it I will get the manuals. I would go ahead and get them but my finances are extremely tight right now... Hence me doing it the other way around... :(
anyone nearby doing any square baling? Might want to ask for some help
If you can turn machine by hand and the PTO will NOT turn the machine, your slip clutch could be shot OR the over running clutch is seized.
If its been settin a while, the slip clutches are seized.

/ square baler trouble shooting #30  
If its been settin a while, the slip clutches are seized.

True, likely the slip clutch plate would be seized anyways, it is under all these springs.

Over run clutch is this ring with swinging "teeth" If the teeth are stuck, they won't swing into place to let the PTO spin the slip clutch or flywheel. Mine blew up so I learned more about it than I wanted to.

Attachments

• 100_1093.JPG
    100_1093.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 100_1094.JPG
    100_1094.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • 100_1098.JPG
    100_1098.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 102