Sprayer tips

/ Sprayer tips #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
I want to change tips on my 25 gallon boom & spot sprayer to a larger size orifice. I have 2 sets to choose from in my junk box.

But I have forgotten which one of these sprayer tips produces a large/course droplet and which one makes a small/fine droplet.

Any ideas?

edit: oops, I forgot the pic.

Attachments

• sprayer tips.jpg
    sprayer tips.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
   / Sprayer tips #2  
Whichever of the two sets that has the larger hole size will give you lower pressure and larger droplet size. The smaller the orifice the higher the pressure and consequently the finer and smaller the droplet size

/ Sprayer tips
I let it go as fast as it can, which iirc is about 45 psi.

Currently I am using the TF-VP3. My boom has 5 tips.

/ Sprayer tips #7  
I would only worry about drift with 2,4D - If you're spraying RoundUp... I would not worry as much (you need good spray coverage, a little drift isn't as bad).

/ Sprayer tips #8  
why not replace a couple of the tips, add water, and test it for the desired spray pattern?

/ Sprayer tips
why not replace a couple of the tips, add water, and test it for the desired spray pattern?
I took a chance that one or more of the 350000 members would know the answer without me having to fiddle with it.

old and tired proved me correct. Thanks o & t

/ Sprayer tips #10  
Most herbicides work best with corse spray, large droplets and a good surfactant, like MSO. Drift or not, herbicides are a large droplet chemical for best results