Speed

/ Speed #21  
For what it's worth -- I'm getting good performance off the board today. Noticeably better than yesterday.

I have a high-speed connection, so download time is generally better than a modem, of course, but what I see today is that the server is reponding instantly, as opposed to a 5 or 10 second delay like yesterday.

HarvSig2.gif

/ Speed #22  
The past two days are the slowest I've seen on this forum. Maybe today is slightly faster, but still very slow. Sorry, Muhammad, you are now a perennial prisoner of the the high expectations your excellent service has created.

Glenn

/ Speed #23  
Without a doubt, we intend to keep that service excellent, always. As you might guess, I am not very happy when it slows down! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

msig.gif

/ Speed #24  
Harv,

Well obviously it is loading, just slow... otherwise we wouldn't be posting. But I'm sure it is hanging up as it was yesterday, for me anyway. Glad to hear it's working for you, but maybe you're on some super fast connection. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif My line just tested @ 667.8kbps.

msig.gif

/ Speed
Hey, that was a cute twist to things. When I posted the message about it still being slow today and clicked on "Continue" I got your e-mail response, Muhammad, before I ever knew that my message got posted.

Bird

/ Speed #26  
If this is average speed, I give up. Lets go back to ascii posts. Sooooooo Slowwwwwwwwww today and right now.

/ Speed #27  
Wen,

I am on a T-1, and it is slow for me too. Unfortunately,it is not a matter of format. Muhammad has already posted about a problem with the core Cisco router for the main server. I just heard from him that the whole server will be shut down tonight, around 10-12 Pacific time I think, in order to replace this main component fo the system. He can fill in more details I suppose.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Speed #28  
Bob T,
I hope you are kidding about those shut down time /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif..10-12 pac...for that prime time here in the northeast./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Yes please keep us inform.

Thomas..NH

/ Speed #29  
Wen,

This current speed isn't the average speed... right now we're suffering from the problem I posted about above. I apologize that it has taken longer than expected to correct, but I've been assured that it will be fixed tonight.

msig.gif

/ Speed #30  
All together now (to the tune of How Dry I Am....) 'How Slow it Izzzzz.... to load a postttt' Boy, glad I'm not working the network issues at govt. sites anymore! I would be burning lines to Columbus control like crazy!