Speed

/ Speed #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Am I the only one for whom the site is very, very slow today?

Bird

/ Speed #2  
It has been slow for me, both with Explorer and Communicator.

/ Speed #3  
ditto on slower with explorer. thought it was 'cause I deleted a bunch of cookies but apparently that isn't it.

/ Speed #4  
Ditto (slow, REAL) on T-1 access.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Speed #5  
Yes, I'm aware of the slow-down. I'll let you know what was/is slowing things down when we know. I've got someone on it.

I'm very sorry about the inconvenience, and I'll do everything I can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

msig.gif

/ Speed #6  
A little update...

I checked the Internet Traffic Report for North America @ http://www.internettrafficreport.com/cgi-bin/tr_chartpage.pl?NorthAmerica and it seems like the entire net is running rather slow... the index is currently at 55 on a scale of 1-100, and falling. This is probably the cause. On the graph below, you can see that this morning the speeds kind of tanked. I'm not sure exactly why though.

18-15068-tr_NorthAmerica_s1.gif

The router we're on was down to 26/100 earlier today, around 11:00AM EST. So things were probably slow then; very slow. It has recovered to about 60 now, but that is still not up to normal speed.

If you are going through AOL, your connection is probably a little bit slower than the rest of the country/world, and if you're going through the Detroit router, you're connection is probably about 1/3 the speed of the average, or 22/100.

So, this appears to be the main cause... but if there is anything to do with our servers causing a slow-down, I'll check into that also.

msig.gif

/ Speed
Thanks, Muhammad. Naturally, I didn't know that web site and information existed. And that may account for part of the problem; however, the other sites I've visited today are not quite as slow as TractorByNet.

Bird

/ Speed #8  
A traffic report for the internet I would have never believed it! You are amazing when it comes to monitoring this site Muhammad keep up the good work.

For some reason alot of times tractorbynet is slower than alot of other websites. I thought it was just me. My connection rate varies quite abit and I do take that into account as well.
Gordon

/ Speed #9  
That up date looks like my check book after going to farm auctions. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thomas..NH

/ Speed #10  
<font color=blue>For some reason alot of times tractorbynet is slower than alot of other websites.</font color=blue>

That, we're working on. Have to 'get to the bottom of it' and make some technical changes probably. Today things were slower than they should have been... maybe some water got in the fuel?

msig.gif