Specs - Orange, Green, Blue

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #11  
Ive been to Carver and I would not expect to find an answer to your present question. My advice is go to a local dealer whatever brand. I am still trying to decide between Deere and Kubota.JD 4400 vs Kubota 2910...the dealer is the sticking point. Im in NC too...where are you located.QQQ

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue
DavidUSMC, I'm in Hillsborough. I've been to dealers in Graham and Raleigh. Neither particularly impressed me or turned me off. I won't go to 90 mi. if someone closer has or will get what I want, but on the other hand....

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #13  
Ingo, You may want to try Riddle Farm Equipment in Winston Salem. They sell only Kubota. I think their dealership is larger than Carver and they have been in business about twenty years. If I do purchase Kubota it will be from them. Both sales people are sons of the owner and have been very straight shooting and have answered all of my questions. When I first visited Riddle I guess I was expecting a big John Deere candy store...like the new huge Deere dealerships springing up everywhere. This forum has opened my eyes to many issues and I think I now better understand Kubota and their marketing approach.

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #14  
You both may want to try Perrin Farm Equipment in Tifton, GA
Jack Perrin gave me the best deal on my 2710. I contacted dealers all over the SE. I did not like the tire game on the Carver web site. At least give them a shot at a quote.

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #16  
Hmmm, I must've missed the rest of that discussion. I think I'll call Kubota tomorrow and get "the straight dope".

Mark

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #17  
Yes, that's what we need. Where I come from on that still makes sense - especially if you were to see the books I am referring to, but it is just that a scale doesn't lie, so I'm still looking for the real answer from Kubota.

msig.gif

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #18  
I said that I believed that the weights were without wheels/tires, and fluids, since I wanted to allow for error on that issue. However, I was only going by Kubota's own price books, which include product numbers, and weights... not the promo brochures. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Let us know what Kubota says and if they'll put their name on it.

msig.gif

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #19  
Well, here's the skinny. Muhammad, you were the closest.

The weight listed on the Kubota brochures does not include wheels, tires, fuel, or seat. That's right: seat. It does include all factory-filled fluids, such as transmission, front axle, and engine oils. If it says it includes the ROPS, it does. If it doesn't say it does, it doesn't.

I talked to people at two different regional centers to cross-check the answer. The second guy I talked to didn't mention the seat, so I asked him if it did, and he repeated "The SEAT?" in this tone of voice that told me he obviously thought it must be his day to deal with lunatics, then said "Hold on." When he came back, he confirmed that it did not include the seat, in a tone registering more surprise than anything else. He must've figured at that point that I was a central corporate worm type checking on the quality of customer service. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

All of which raises the question: What was the deal with the "certified weight" mentioned in a previous post?

Mark

/ Specs - Orange, Green, Blue #20  
Well, that means that the seat, tank of fuel, and LA401 loader with 60" bucket weighs, uh, a total of around 450lbs? That, for sure, conflicts with the published weight of the LA402 loader (LA401 would be very similar if different at all) of 970lbs. And, a seat - I don't know, guess, 35lbs? 6.9 gallons of fuel weighs about 59lbs. So let me break this down:

B2710 w/rops & fluids, but not fuel: 1740lbs
LA402 Loader: 970lbs (B1616 Bucket Included?)
Seat: ~ 35lbs
F/R R4 Wheel/Tire Set: 276lbs
6.9 Gallons of fuel: +/- 59lbs
----------------------------
Total: +/- 3080lbs
(Fuel, seat, and bucket could change that)

So, how could a field ready B2710 with LA401 loader, 60" bucket, and R4 tires be 2,480lbs?

msig.gif