Spartan Mower Spindle

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #1  

LittleBittyBigJohn

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R, Spartan SRT-XD 72" zero turn
I've got a Spartan SRT-XD 72" zero turn and I noticed a bent spindle this weekend when I was getting it ready to mow. Have any of you replaced spindles or shafts? I wonder if there is an aftermarket spindle that is worth a hoot? They are pricy from Spartan. Just the shaft is about $65 and I don't know how hard it is to replace vs the whole spindle.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #2  
Not a clue but did you try ASC (Agri-Supply) per chance. I get my spindles and assorted parts for our Cubs from them. They might list your Spartan as well.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #3  
Spindles are expensive. Working on a Ferris with non aftermarket available spindles and no parts available for the spindles. and they are $260 each.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #4  
Glad I own and operate a machine shop. I make a lot of custom machine parts that are unobtanium today. We even do heat treating.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #5  
Put your part numbers into a search. Stens Rotary or even Amazon. When someone has a HD machine, I really like to use the OEM. That said, I've gotten big aftermarket spindles for Husqvarna and Gravely that worked out well. Couldn't make it happen any other way.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

1995 Walton Equipment Trailer, (A33078)
1995 Walton...
Unused 2024 10ft Container, (A33078)
Unused 2024 10ft...
1984 Mercedes Benz 300SD Sedan, (A33078)
1984 Mercedes Benz...
NEW AUTO WELDING HELMET (A34011)
NEW AUTO WELDING...
Case IH Bucket (A33041)
Case IH Bucket...
Unused 26ft x 33ft Double Garage Metal Barn Shed. (A33079)
Unused 26ft x 33ft...