Spartan Mower Spindle

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #1  

LittleBittyBigJohn

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025R, Spartan SRT-XD 72" zero turn
I've got a Spartan SRT-XD 72" zero turn and I noticed a bent spindle this weekend when I was getting it ready to mow. Have any of you replaced spindles or shafts? I wonder if there is an aftermarket spindle that is worth a hoot? They are pricy from Spartan. Just the shaft is about $65 and I don't know how hard it is to replace vs the whole spindle.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #2  
Not a clue but did you try ASC (Agri-Supply) per chance. I get my spindles and assorted parts for our Cubs from them. They might list your Spartan as well.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #3  
Spindles are expensive. Working on a Ferris with non aftermarket available spindles and no parts available for the spindles. and they are $260 each.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #4  
Glad I own and operate a machine shop. I make a lot of custom machine parts that are unobtanium today. We even do heat treating.

/ Spartan Mower Spindle #5  
Put your part numbers into a search. Stens Rotary or even Amazon. When someone has a HD machine, I really like to use the OEM. That said, I've gotten big aftermarket spindles for Husqvarna and Gravely that worked out well. Couldn't make it happen any other way.