Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe...

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #31  
Well I took a visit to the dealer on Monday and took a look at some new CK's and I straight-up don't understand how exactly this happened; there are two bolts holding the hook at the angle it's at, presumably this would prevent it from moving as it did. So I let the dealer know the issue I was having, showed them the photos, and they'd mentioned checking the bolts on my machine as they'd had at least one come from the factory missing a bolt- and maybe they'd missed it in there prep. I headed home with the intention of checking, and sending them the results. Well, as you can see from the photos- two bolts, two bolts still in there proper spot. Again, I pulled this away from the tank by hand, I can't see any other damage aside from the hole in the fuel tank. That said, I don't necessarily know what I'd be looking for.

I'm lost, I've not heard word back from the dealer but I've reserved a trailer and I'll be dropping the CK off tomorrow. If this is covered, awesome, if it's not- well, it's a learning experience. I love the tractor, but it's especially useless to me with a hole that low in the fuel tank.

View attachment 755000View attachment 755001View attachment 755002
Sorry I missed this.. The top hole on that bracket is oversized/slotted. It will pivot in and out about 1.5" or so. When in, it should not hit the tank (mine doesnt, though its real close.). I have no idea if this is intentional or not, but thats the way it is. You can tighten those bolts more. Maybe use a lock washer or lock tight too.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe...
I just realized that I never updated this thread! My dealer didn't have a fuel tank in stock, so they pulled one off of a sitting machine and it was covered under warranty.

Topsham Tractor in Topsham, Maine; they've treated me well, thus far, and deserve the credit.

20230126_130546.jpg

I've been quite happy with my CK2610, and I'd be inclined to recommend it for it's niche; high-weight, low horsepower, with strong hydraulics.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #33  
i had a critter of some kind chew thru my fuel tank on my DK45. you could see the teeth marks. i ordered a new tank, but in the mean time i used JB weld gas tank repair kit. my damage was near bottom of tank.

that was about 9 years ago. i still have new tank sitting in my shop. the repaired tank is still in tractor. i also added a screen over tank to discourage critters.

some day i may take 4 hours and install new tank......but i doubt it.

rat chew 3.jpg
rat chew 4.jpg
rat chew 5.jpg
mesh 4.jpg

Attachments

• mesh 5.jpg
    mesh 5.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • mesh 5.jpg
    mesh 5.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
That's a new one for me! Good thinking on the wire mesh.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #35  
I just hope the critter enjoyed their mouthfull of diesel.

damn rodents

the screen worked…..if not, i was going to wrap it in 16g steel.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #36  
i had a critter of some kind chew thru my fuel tank on my DK45. you could see the teeth marks. i ordered a new tank, but in the mean time i used JB weld gas tank repair kit. my damage was near bottom of tank.

that was about 9 years ago. i still have new tank sitting in my shop. the repaired tank is still in tractor. i also added a screen over tank to discourage critters.

some day i may take 4 hours and install new tank......but i doubt it.

View attachment 784220View attachment 784221View attachment 784222View attachment 784218
I had a critter chew a hole through my log splitter fuel tank just like that. I used my soldering gun to weld it up with strips of plastic cut from black plastic oil bottles. It went real good and is much heavier than original, doesn't leak even after many years. I think what guaranteed it not to leak is my new replacement tank is sitting on the shelf. :unsure:

Last edited:
   / Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #37  
i read up on whats involved on swapping fuel tanks on my tractor.,.... thaTS WHY THE NEW TANK IS ON THE SHELF.