Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe...

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe...
Well I took a visit to the dealer on Monday and took a look at some new CK's and I straight-up don't understand how exactly this happened; there are two bolts holding the hook at the angle it's at, presumably this would prevent it from moving as it did. So I let the dealer know the issue I was having, showed them the photos, and they'd mentioned checking the bolts on my machine as they'd had at least one come from the factory missing a bolt- and maybe they'd missed it in there prep. I headed home with the intention of checking, and sending them the results. Well, as you can see from the photos- two bolts, two bolts still in there proper spot. Again, I pulled this away from the tank by hand, I can't see any other damage aside from the hole in the fuel tank. That said, I don't necessarily know what I'd be looking for.

I'm lost, I've not heard word back from the dealer but I've reserved a trailer and I'll be dropping the CK off tomorrow. If this is covered, awesome, if it's not- well, it's a learning experience. I love the tractor, but it's especially useless to me with a hole that low in the fuel tank.

20220718_132829.jpg20220718_132838.jpg20220718_132918.jpg

On a more enjoyable note, installed my seat cover and grille guard; I'm quite happy with both.

20220717_191517.jpg20220719_160156.jpg20220719_160309.jpg

20220719_160351.jpg20220719_161838.jpg20220719_161845.jpg

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #23  
Well I took a visit to the dealer on Monday and took a look at some new CK's and I straight-up don't understand how exactly this happened; there are two bolts holding the hook at the angle it's at, presumably this would prevent it from moving as it did. So I let the dealer know the issue I was having, showed them the photos, and they'd mentioned checking the bolts on my machine as they'd had at least one come from the factory missing a bolt- and maybe they'd missed it in there prep. I headed home with the intention of checking, and sending them the results. Well, as you can see from the photos- two bolts, two bolts still in there proper spot. Again, I pulled this away from the tank by hand, I can't see any other damage aside from the hole in the fuel tank. That said, I don't necessarily know what I'd be looking for.

I'm lost, I've not heard word back from the dealer but I've reserved a trailer and I'll be dropping the CK off tomorrow. If this is covered, awesome, if it's not- well, it's a learning experience. I love the tractor, but it's especially useless to me with a hole that low in the fuel tank.

View attachment 755000View attachment 755001View attachment 755002
If for some reason they don't cover it, I would get a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight and weld that mother up, my wife knocked a hole in my then brand new Gravely zero turn mower gas tank, you guessed it bottom corner, I took it off plastic welded it and it's been more than 5 years and never leaked a drop. It was a really easy fix and way cheaper than a new tank.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #24  
If for some reason they don't cover it, I would get a plastic welding kit from Harbor Freight and weld that mother up, my wife knocked a hole in my then brand new Gravely zero turn mower gas tank, you guessed it bottom corner, I took it off plastic welded it and it's been more than 5 years and never leaked a drop. It was a really easy fix and way cheaper than a new tank.

I'm not familiar with plastic welding, though I've heard of it; I'm hoping it ends up being a non-issue but if need be I'm within a reasonable distance of a Harbor Freight and I'm not afraid to give repairing the tank a shot.

Picked up the trailer this morning; my utility trailer wasn't enough, but this thing may have been a tad overkill. Well, at least for my RAM as it's setup; it'd have been a whole lot cooler if I could have used those trailer brakes. Ironically I've got the controller from my last truck sitting in my glove box. When it was empty the Hudson bucked like a mother, and beat my poor truck senseless- but loaded it was actually quite smooth, so long as I kept it steady.

I've not used a trailer of this size in over a decade.

Snapchat-29343275.jpg

It was a bit of an adventure; I appreciate that it wasn't a long trip.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #26  
Hope the dealer comes through for you!
I will second the idea of plastic welding the tank vs. buying a new one.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #27  
I don't pay much attention now days , but are those tires a standard type on Kioti's or a special order, they look a lot like an ATV tire tread design.
These are R14 tires. I got them on my DK4510 and like them better than the R1s on my old tractor.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #28  
One of the reasons I prefer a TYM 494 rather than the smaller, cheaper T474 is the location of the fuel tank.

Hope all works out.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #29  
These are R14 tires. I got them on my DK4510 and like them better than the R1s on my old tractor.
10-4 can't say that I have ever saw a set down in these parts, but I have never laid eyes on a Kioti tractor down here either, I know there have to be some as there is a dealer about 40 miles from here , they are a good looking tire though.

/ Sometimes you just want to flip off the universe... #30  
10-4 can't say that I have ever saw a set down in these parts, but I have never laid eyes on a Kioti tractor down here either, I know there have to be some as there is a dealer about 40 miles from here , they are a good looking tire though.
It's not just Kioti. They are available on all tractors. There was no up-charge from the standard R4. They ride smooth on hard surfaces with the center tread the way it is. Aren't as hard on the turf as R1. On second season, I'll see how they wear. Same carcass as R4.