Snow Attachments Snow removal with back blade

/ Snow removal with back blade #11  
I had skid shoes on a blade and the blade didn't dig in, but the shoes left trenches everywhere until the ground froze. There was too much snow that time to use the blade backwards, something I do quite often in a lighter snow.
Ga wheels are the ticket. Just do a search and you'll come up with a few ideas.

Now... why are we discussing snow removal /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I know the temps are supposed to drop this weekend. Do you know something I don't?

/ Snow removal with back blade #12  
I don't think you'll have a problem on the blacktop, as long as your blade is relatively level and doesn't have a corner in a position to gouge it. We've cleared our 150' blacktop drive with a rear blade for years. On the gravel portions, we like to drive a little first to put a little packed snow down first, then often use the blade in reverse, as others have described. Gage wheels would be nice on occasion, but I do so much back pushing that I'd have bent mine long ago if equipped. I've seen where someone last winter posted using a pipe with a slit in it to set the blade in so it sort of rolled over the gravel. Otherwise, what I've done is lenghten the top link, so the blade is sort of setting "back on its heals" and the front edge is not digging as much as usual. This too tends to help the blade roll over the gravel.

/ Snow removal with back blade #13  
I clear my 500' asphalt driveway of snow with a 6' KK blade in forward and reverse. I do not have wheels or skid shoes...no damage done to the driveway.