snow pusher size

/ snow pusher size #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
I've got a 3000# tractor. It uses a 6' rear blade quite well. I'd like to find a snow pusher for the 3 pt hitch but because these gather and retain more snow weight, I am at a loss as to get a 6' or be safer with a 5' and I do not know if they make a pusher for the 3 pt. Looked on line but can't find any.

/ snow pusher size #2  
How about adapt wings to gather?

/ snow pusher size #3  
If you have the ability (or a buddy does) why don't you fab up some simple end plates for your rear blade and see how that does? I've not used a "pusher box" but it would seem to me that before long, you would run out of room to put the snow if it were not on a loader type set up. Your blade should lift to a decent height compared to a "close in" 3pt mounted box. I've never seen a 3pt model myself.

/ snow pusher size #4  
Arrow, my std rear blade swings 360^ and the box blade works great in both directions, esp good for pulling drifts away from buildings, doors, etc and packing a bit to be scooped & dumped. Having abandoned both of them for snow handling years ago for the ease of doing 99% with the FEL (crick in my neck, too..) may I ask how different snowfall is in RI than here in MI that a rear blade appeals at all? btw: My Ford 4WD is ~3k# too, and wears turf tires with no chains ever needed. Anyway, I suspect more than a foot or two wider than your wheel track could hamper maneuverability. (ask me how I know...)

/ snow pusher size
If you have the ability (or a buddy does) why don't you fab up some simple end plates for your rear blade and see how that does? I've not used a "pusher box" but it would seem to me that before long, you would run out of room to put the snow if it were not on a loader type set up. Your blade should lift to a decent height compared to a "close in" 3pt mounted box. I've never seen a 3pt model myself.

Rusty I do have a fel and use this to "pile up"

/ snow pusher size
Arrow, my std rear blade swings 360^ and the box blade works great in both directions, esp good for pulling drifts away from buildings, doors, etc and packing a bit to be scooped & dumped. Having abandoned both of them for snow handling years ago for the ease of doing 99% with the FEL (crick in my neck, too..) may I ask how different snowfall is in RI than here in MI that a rear blade appeals at all? btw: My Ford 4WD is ~3k# too, and wears turf tires with no chains ever needed. Anyway, I suspect more than a foot or two wider than your wheel track could hamper maneuverability. (ask me how I know...)

Actually OG I would reckon the snow here looks about the same as yours there. Its what it gets removed from that may be different. I have a stem landing field thats 70x140' that when the blade is straight, is much more efficient than attempting to take out a small bite of the increasingly large windrows the rb makes. Thought if I had something that held more snow, I'd increase the efficiency of this operation. I've done quite well with the combo of rear blade and fel all these years and actually go forward with the rear blade as much as I do going backward. I seem to be able to not tolerate inefficiency as much as i used to and looking to shorten the work load.

/ snow pusher size
Well now I'm curious why you don't put one out front and save your neck?:confused3:

I do not have a quick hitch attachment and have bucket tines bolted to the bucket to lift tree stems to the pile. As I skid trees in winter, I do not have the patience to keep unbolting,rebolting or pinning and lining up holes and re pinning. A 3 pt just makes this exchange easier. My body doesn't seem to mind being twisted around and actually makes my back feel better for some reason.

/ snow pusher size #10  
I use an 8' containment plow on the fel of my tractor and it does quite well.