Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Snow blower brands

/ Snow blower brands #1  

NS kubota

Tractor
Kubota MX4800hst,david brown 885
Hi there folks we are looking at buying a new snowblower for our MX4800 Kubota. I have been doing some research on several brands. I have found the weight varies from unit to unit from 540 lbs to 640 lbs on a 72-74 width models. Kubota has a new model available this year (k74-24-09) with improvements to shear bolt access as well as other improvements. The Kubota Lmx3174 and Frontier SB1174 seem to be identical machines with the weights being in the 640 lbs range. The M.K Martin Meteor is a great unit with a 5 blade impeller but only weighs 540 lbs. In my mind the heavier the unit the stronger it should be. All the units I have researched range in price from $3500-$3850 cad. Any input would be greatly appreciated. We just don稚 want to rush out and buy a blower and regret the decision for years to come. Thanks in advance.

/ Snow blower brands #2  
Hello NS Kubota,

You should also look at the Riest Series 1000 single stage snow blowers as an option as they are less complicated machines to own and operate. The Riest folks are located in Elmira, Ontario, Canada.

The Series 1000 unit can be mounted on a tractor with 15 to 30 PTO horse power and the MX4800 will have no difficulty operating it with the 48 inch unit or a special ordered 60 inch unit with the 16 inch auger/snow blower rotor. The basic Series 1000 unit has a single stage 16 inch snow blower auger/rotor with 4 center paddles to discharge the snow out the chute at 600+ RPM.

The Series 1000 unit has replaceable side wear edges and a replaceable scraper edge.

When I checked earlier this summer the base price for a Rear Mount Series 1000 unit was $4,000.00 Canadian Dollars with manual chute rotation and manually adjusted spout angle control.

The Series 1000 unit can be ordered with a wider width auger as well if desired with a change order.

I have attached an image of a hydraulic drive series 1000 unit mounted on a skid steer loader and I have uploaded several images of this unit on other posts here as well.

Here is a link to the Reist company for you

Professional Landscape, Turf, & Snow Removal Equipment | REIST Industries

Attachments

• 48-54 inch Riest snow thrower.jpg
    48-54 inch Riest snow thrower.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 300
   / Snow blower brands
Thanks for the info.

/ Snow blower brands #4  
I have a Blizzard 54inch that weighs a little over 500lbs, The bigger one must be pretty heavy, pretty heavy for 54inch. built really well. Stupid pictures are always upside down. **** Apple..

Attachments

• blower1.JPG
    blower1.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 325
   / Snow blower brands #5  
Try again..

Attachments

• blizzard.JPG
    blizzard.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 432
   / Snow blower brands #6  
Here are 2 more side views of the series 1000 unit mounted on a bobcat skid steer loader.

I have a dinosaur for a computer and If your willing to send me your email via a PM here on the forum I can send you a PDF copy of the Reist Series 1000 Manual to look at if you would like to see how well they are built as they have exploded diagrams of it and complete parts lists for it.
The basic Reist single stage series 1000 snow thrower with the manual chute rotation as standard equipment weighs 440 pounds(US)
The Riest Folks also have a youtube video describing the series 1000 and 2000 single stage snow blowers as well.
There are other you tube videos about the riest snow throwers as well.
I was mistaken earlier as they apparently have gone to using a 20 inch auger with four center
paddles to discharge the snow through the chute.

I hope this works:

Reist Industries Snow Throwers 1 and 2 Series - YouTube

Attachments

• reist2.jpg
    reist2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 263
  • reist1.jpg
    reist1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
   / Snow blower brands #7  
I have a dinosaur for a computer and If your willing to send me your email via a PM here on the forum I can send you a PDF copy of the Reist Series 1000 Manual to look at if you would likew to see how well they are built as they have exploded diagrams of it and complete parts lists for it.

How tall is your blower, it doesn't look very tall in the pictures? Looks to be very made though..

/ Snow blower brands
Thanks Atsah I will look up the blizzard brand.

/ Snow blower brands #9  
Thanks Atsah I will look up the blizzard brand.

They make them in Canada like a lot of them. I looked at the MK as well, the dealer sold both, the MK was 100lbs lighter, the metal looked thin to me but they sell a lot of them and don't have any problems with them, the Blizzard was $400 more, I fabbed up an electric chute for it, I have used for two years and this blower works like a dream..

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 327
   / Snow blower brands
That set up looks awesome,my Dad is always looking at how to make improvements to his
Machinery with out spending a fortune too. They sell a lot of M.K. Martins here too, with no complaints from owners. Most of the blowers I have found are built in either Quebec or Ontario.