Small trailer deck suggestions

/ Small trailer deck suggestions #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I have a small trailer that I would like to put a new deck on. It is 5x8 mostly steel tilt deck. The deck has 6 in of steel on either side leaving space for a 4x8 sheet of plywood for most of the deck. I was thinking of using a sheet of some type of exterior or marine plywood and painting it with some non skid paint.
I know it is just a small trailer but I have stuff like 4 wheelers and lawn mowers that aren’t worth getting out my 16 ft trailers for. Just want a good solid floor in it.
Any suggestions for best plywood or paint?

/ Small trailer deck suggestions #2  
Unless there is a reason to avoid having gaps in the wooden part of the deck, I'd use 5/4 pressured treated deck boards that have either been stained or sealed to further protect them from moisture.

/ Small trailer deck suggestions
Unless there is a reason to avoid having gaps in the wooden part of the deck, I'd use 5/4 pressured treated deck boards that have either been stained or sealed to further protect them from moisture.

Thanks
Good idea

/ Small trailer deck suggestions #4  
You are very welcome.

/ Small trailer deck suggestions #5  
There are no long lasting treatments available on plywood nor deck wood these days. If you anticipate future needs for treated lumber and are willing to put in some labor I have a suggestion. Watch Craigslist ,FB Marketplace,Nextdoor ect for someone offering a deck free for removal. If the wood is from several years ago it will still be straight and ends will not be rotted. Wood treated with EPA approved chemicals will twist,bow and warp within 3 years and rot in 5. I floored my 16' flatbed with Womanized lumber in 1981 and it's still solid today. When I realized how sorry treated lumber became after EPA banned effective chemicals I torn a neighbor's pool deck down in 2005 and stacked boards under cover. Those boards are still straight and solid as new and will outlast anything made today.
In the absence of quality wood I would use diamond plate or Cee purlin for floor.

/ Small trailer deck suggestions #6  
I have used standard 2x6 non pressure treated for a trailer deck for a decade on a trailer before I sold it. I did coat it with used motor oil once. I wouldnt over think it to much and I wouldnt use any thing like plywood.