Buying Advice Small Cab Tractors

/ Small Cab Tractors #1  

Olympus

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039
I’ve been debating on getting a small cab tractor, but need some suggestions. Right now I have an LS R3039 which is a compact, 39hp tractor. It is more than big enough for my needs. I bought it several years ago to do some work on a 100 acre hunting farm I bought. I put in a lot of ATV trails and have two small 1-acre food plots that I work. Now things are more maintenance and upkeep jobs.

I’ve been thinking of downsizing to a slightly smaller tractor, but one with a cab. I use the tractor about twice a year at my hunting property to keep the trails mowed. I use it once a year to fill the two small food plots, and I use it a lot in the winter to plow driveways in my subdivision. Really need to be able to use a 6ft grader blade, a 5 or 6ft bush hog (have a 5ft currently), and use a 6ft roto tiller (rented locally instead of purchasing for once a year). Those are main uses.

I’m not opposed to buying used, but it would have to be clean and low-hour. Looking for recommendations. Have pretty much all the major brand dealers in my area except TYM.

/ Small Cab Tractors #2  
Cabs are expensive, both the integrated cab from the factory and bolt-on-cabs. Or you could go with a soft cab for a lot less cost and comfort.
What direction are you wanting to go?

/ Small Cab Tractors #3  
If you can check out the Yanmar YT235C. Test
drive a lot of small tractors with cabs to see what
fits your needs and what makes you comfortable

willy

/ Small Cab Tractors #4  
Kubota LX3310 is slightly less horsepower but more options for comfort and a nice factory cab.

/ Small Cab Tractors #5  
I don't see a whole lot of downsizing if you need to use a 5-6' brush hog. Also, snow work is much easier with larger (heavier) machines.
I have had 2 Kubota Grand L's over the years, one open station, one cabbed. The L3410 was ok for plowing, but not comfortable to use for hours at a time. The L4060 cab tractor was a big step up in comfort and snow plowing ability.
Good luck with whatever you decide to get!

/ Small Cab Tractors #6  
Cabs, both factory-installed and bolt-on, are pricey. You may also take a soft taxi for a much lower rate and more comfort.
What are your plans for the future?
If you have the opportunity, have a look at the Yanmar YT235C.

Drive a variety of compact tractors with cabs to see which one best suits your needs and provides the most comfort.

/ Small Cab Tractors #7  
The add on cabs have no a/c and I don't
believe they are air tight so you can
get a lot of dust/dirt in the cab. I don't know
about heat. Maybe they don't have heat either.

willy

/ Small Cab Tractors #8  
Cabs, both factory-installed and bolt-on, are pricey. You may also take a soft taxi for a much lower rate and more comfort.
What are your plans for the future?
If you have the opportunity, have a look at the Yanmar YT235C.

Drive a variety of compact tractors with cabs to see which one best suits your needs and provides the most comfort.
I don’t think that a cab is all that expensive, all things considered. Mine was around $5k, maybe a little more, but if I were to sell now, after four or so years, I would get much of that back.

Some people plan to keep their tractor twenty years. If the cab is amortized over that period, it’s not that much, either.