Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #21  
I have to say that my small diesel cans are yellow spray painted gas cans. People leave me so many of their small cans when they have crud in their fuel system. I just wash them out and toss them up above when dry. The yellow paint I had and have stuck good enough to the cans for many years. I'm bad, I know...

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #25  
Somehow, over the years I've accumulated more than a dozen plastic gas cans. I wrapped yellow electrical tape around the handle and wrote diesel on the side with a jiffy marker. On others I've used different colours of tape to mark 87, 91 or 94 octane and also mixed gas for my dirt bike and other two-strokes. never had a problem mixing them up.
That's exactly what I do; yellow tape around the tank & handle, marker DIESEL. Black tape around the tank & handle, marker 2 STROKE. Etcetera.

I've never mixed them up.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #26  
…never had a problem mixing them up.

Huh. So, You mix them up all the time? Don’t you mean never mix them up?! 😬

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #28  
I went through this search years ago and was determined to solve it.

Back then even the cheap Amazon crap gas jugs were not available in 2.5 gallon yellow so I contacted the manufacturer of the 5 gallon jugs but they were not interested. I asked if I could hire them to start making them for me on a high volume basis and I would become the distributor but again, zero interest from the manufacturer.

This I could not understand. They have the molds, they have the process and equipment; All they have to do is change the colour of the plastic, but no, zero interest.

I then looked into having my own molds made but quickly realized the costs of the molds and safety certifications, insurance etc were beyond me. If you ask me, they missed an opportunity and it would seem that the Amazon jugs prove the demand is there.

/ Small 1-2 gallon Yellow Diesel jug #30  
Very interesting. Thanks for posting the EPA info. But if a company already manufactures a red plastic 2.5 gallon container, is there really any more liability by changing its colour?