Traction Slap my wrist

/ Slap my wrist #1  

20 20

Elite Member
Had to do some work yesterday which involved moving the tractor{jinma 254} down the main drag. I had to drive my truck so my son drove the tractor. We did our work which I needed 4w drive to do. When I got off the tractor so my son could drive it home, I never took it out of 4w :thumbdown: So you quessed it, the tractor went about 3miles in 4w drive on pavement :shocked: I do not get a cookie today, crap happens when we get in a hurry.:eek:

I don't believe anything broke :smiley_aafz: I used it for a while when we got back and everything seemed okay.

/ Slap my wrist #2  
Also doubt if any harm...sure was good weather day for tractor ride tho.

/ Slap my wrist
Also doubt if any harm...sure was good weather day for tractor ride tho.

Yeh, I still nervous :( of what I can't see. One thing that might be in my favor is that he only went in 2nd gear and slooow?????

/ Slap my wrist #4  
Hopefully nothing more serious than a few miles of rubber scrubbed off the front tires. I let my pickup to a neighbor the other day, he needed to transport half a dozen horses to the vet - maybe 50 miles total. When he returned the truck, I noticed it was in 4wd. Again, probably no mechanical harm done. But I'll never get the lost rubber back again.

//greg//

/ Slap my wrist
Hopefully nothing more serious than a few miles of rubber scrubbed off the front tires. I let my pickup to a neighbor the other day, he needed to transport half a dozen horses to the vet - maybe 50 miles total. When he returned the truck, I noticed it was in 4wd. Again, probably no mechanical harm done. But I'll never get the lost rubber back again.

//greg//

:shocked: I had a guy come and look at a dozer, I had for sale years back. He called another guy and told him to bring is truck. So we're standing there waiting and the fellow says "DANG that sounds like my truck comming.,.,.,,,.... what the hay!" Well sure enough here comes his buddy with his truck just screaming but hardly moving. The buddy had drove his truck in 4wheel low wide open, and couldn't figure out what was wrong :eek:.

/ Slap my wrist #6  
I did the same thing, but not as far. as long as he was not aggressive with the turns it will be fine.
I solved my problem by putting in a idiot light in my dash.

100_1183.jpg

/ Slap my wrist
I did the same thing, but not as far. as long as he was not aggressive with the turns it will be fine.
I solved my problem by putting in a idiot light in my dash.

100_1183.jpg

That's a very smart/great idea. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: