Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns?

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #71  
Have you checked out the cub cadet? 54 inch deck
about $2000?

willy
Exactly what I was going to suggest. I'm sure there are slightly used ones out there also. (image as an example)
1622399628789.png

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #72  
I bought a well used F-935 from a JD dealer. It was traded in by a school maintenance company and I got it with about 2000 hours on it. That was about 15 years ago. I went through everything and changed the oils etc. Fixed what was worn out. All in all I have about $6000 CAD into it. It's lasted through about the equivalent of 3 cheap box store mowers in terms of the amount of mowing I've done with it. I can still get what I paid for it if I was to sell it and I've mowed relatively trouble free all these years. Defiantly a ZT would mow my yard faster but I have a mower that will easily last another 15 years.

Edited to add that one of the nicer mowers that I have worked on was a Stiga. Very quiet and maneuverable. Good reviews online but I just did a few repairs and mowed a bit and then sent it back to the owner.

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #73  
You don't want anything cheap so get
a small John Deere they are not CHEAP!
Yanmar made tractors for John Deere
for over 20 years so you should be able
to find one that will fit your needs!

willy
Google says;
Where are John Deere tractors manufactured at?
Where are John Deere tractors built? John Deere has kept its roots in the United States. The world headquarters is in Moline, Illinois, USA. The company continues to make tractors of various different types at factories in four US states: Georgia, Tennessee, Iowa and Wisconsin. Jun 24, 2020

Garden tractors are made in Horicon, WI, but the cheapy box store types moved to Greenville TB, maybe 30+years ago leaving the bigger GT up to 26 HP diesels in Horicon. No idea where Z turns are made.

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns?
Looks like 4500 is the cost for the bottom of my specs. Zt2800 with fab decks

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #75  
Deere Dude Your forgot these:

willy

Gonna take a hard look at the snapper 360z 52" with zt2800 hydros

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #77  
I have a snapper 550z with a 61” deck. It has a Kawasaki engine and zt3100 transmissions. It has been great, and the only problems I have had is when I get confused and use my finish mower as a brush hog, I tore up the electric clutch.

/ Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #78  
Looks like 4500 is the cost for the bottom of my specs. Zt2800 with fab decks
That is right at what you can buy a SCAG 48" ZT for across the border, at Gilford Tru Value.

Last edited:
   / Sick of cheap box store riding mowers. 1500-3k budget used zero turns? #79  
I think its crazy to pay for more than 2,000 for a machine to mow lawns unless you making money using it. I paid 1600 for my Husqvarna on 2006, I have 500 hours on it, and only replaced the mandrel bearings once and the mower deck belt once. I have gone through three batteries so far and it still runs great and burns no oil. Thats 1600 dollars....for a machine you use in Maine for 4 to 5 months a year.

I would be absolutely bonkers to spend 4000 or more on one of these just to mow a lawn. More expense machines are just that..more expensive.

I use my diesel tractor for everything else...should last me rest of my life or as long as I still need it. Wont even buy a deck for it cause my Husqvarna was cheaper than the mmm deck for this.

I think its crazy to pay for more than 2,000 for a machine to mow lawns unless you making money using it. I paid 1600 for my Husqvarna on 2006, I have 500 hours on it, and only replaced the mandrel bearings once and the mower deck belt once. I have gone through three batteries so far and it still runs great and burns no oil. Thats 1600 dollars....for a machine you use in Maine for 4 to 5 months a year.

I would be absolutely bonkers to spend 4000 or more on one of these just to mow a lawn. More expense machines are just that..more expensive.

I use my diesel tractor for everything else...should last me rest of my life or as long as I still need it. Wont even buy a deck for it cause my Husqvarna was cheaper than the mmm deck for this.

I felt that way myself believe me it's not easy to spend this kind of money for a mower. My Craftsman t3000 is made by Husqvarna it's literally the worst piece of junk and it's constantly breaking. The first year and every subsequent year it has to go back to the local small engine repair shop constantly. My time is simply too valuable to be working on this stuff myself I'm too busy to dedicate hours on my weekends repairing CVT linkages or trying to fix the drive system on these cheap mowers