Shop Lift

/ Shop Lift #121  
Is the tread adjustable on that 4 post? Meaning - can the 2 "planks" that the vehicle rests on be slid closer together so narrower vehicles like a ZTR or CUT can be lifted on it for service?
My Bendpak 4 post has adjustable rails, at the narrow setting the zero turn fits fine, at the wide setting a full sized pickup fits.

/ Shop Lift #122  
Is the tread adjustable on that 4 post? Meaning - can the 2 "planks" that the vehicle rests on be slid closer together so narrower vehicles like a ZTR or CUT can be lifted on it for service?
Yes. I have mine set at 38" inside, 84" outside. My JD 2210 can drive on it as well as my offroad rock crawler.

/ Shop Lift
Mine are not and as heavy as they are I don't think I want to. I have done some measuring and believe the ZTR will fit cross ways. I am going to cut two runners to go in the middle and put my mower ramps that I use to load on the trailer on the side drive it on and remove or just slid the two runners out of the way and there should be plenty of room to work I'll be posting some pictures when I do it.

/ Shop Lift
My grandson came by today and wanted to rotate his tires, so I got to try out the air jack on the lift. It all worked fine and I did not have to crawl around on the ground to find a good place for the jack.

/ Shop Lift
I should have asked him that.

/ Shop Lift #127  
I would love to have a 4 post car lift.
But my garage is under the house and I simply don't have the ceiling height, so I have the QuickJack portable lift with the truck adapter set.
Still beats messing around with jacks and jack stands.

Last edited:
   / Shop Lift
I would love to have a 4 post car lift.
But my garage is under the house and I simply don't have the ceiling height, so I have the QuickJack portable lift with the truck adapter set.
Still beats messing around with jacks and jack stands.
Since I modified the wheels on the lift, like yesterday I used the tractor and pulled the lift outside where we done the tire rotation and had a look under his vehicle at things he had not seen before and he has decided he is going to change his own oil and filter since the lift will make it a lot easier.

/ Shop Lift #129  
My grandson came by today and wanted to rotate his tires, so I got to try out the air jack on the lift. It all worked fine and I did not have to crawl around on the ground to find a good place for the jack.
Do you have two jacks?

As to the runner spacing, aren't yours clamped to the main crossbeams? So they can be placed wherever you want?

/ Shop Lift #130  
Do you have two jacks?

As to the runner spacing, aren't yours clamped to the main crossbeams? So they can be placed wherever you want?
The portable ones like his typically have the cables running through the runners and cross tubes, they usually have 1 or 2 positions for the runners and it requires changing spacers on the cables if it has the the option. Not a quick adjustment.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app