Shape/materials for a hand-loaded, non-scooping FEL "bucket"?

/ Shape/materials for a hand-loaded, non-scooping FEL "bucket"? #11  
Might want to square U-bolt the rubber belt around the tubing. No loss of strength from drilling the tubing and no entry from liquids.

/ Shape/materials for a hand-loaded, non-scooping FEL "bucket"?
Might want to square U-bolt the rubber belt around the tubing. No loss of strength from drilling the tubing and no entry from liquids.
Would have been a good idea but:
1. The u bolt threads would stick up quite a bit potentially
2. I had already started screwing panels on when I read your comment :D I used self drilling hex head screws aka Tek screws. They seem to hold well enough and are dead simple. I'm not too worried about liquid entry - the rubber seals it up well enough and we don't have that much wet weather.

The steel basket ended up fairly light, probably about 120 lbs. I could pick it up but it was awkward due to the size obviously. I added at least that much weight more in rubber cladding - it feels about the same weight as my 66" bucket all said. Should hold about a cubic yard. It's a bit tweaked due to some initial laziness so the rubber belt cladding isn't perfect.

1620420161063.png

1620419957512.png

A few pics of the dumping rear box, based off of the TSC carry-all frame and scrap metal on hand:
1620420254865.png

1620420341556.png

/ Shape/materials for a hand-loaded, non-scooping FEL "bucket"? #13  
Made an extension many years ago for a B7500 for handling mulch. It bolted to the factory bucket. The factory bucket on the B7500 didn't hold much material. The attached picture is the extension sitting inside the bucket of an L3200. Never intended for that bucket. The photo was taken to simply show what it looked like for someone who was interested in it. The extension was made of 10 gage sheet metal. It was strong enough to allow the B7500 to stand on the front edge of the extension.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
   / Shape/materials for a hand-loaded, non-scooping FEL "bucket"? #14  
Looks great!