Security camera from old smart phone/phones

/ Security camera from old smart phone/phones #51  
My limited understanding of these devices is that images of thieves are sent to the CLOUD fairly quickly while an SD card is in the camera where it can be stolen easily. Am I correct?
Edited the spelling of cloud.

Yes. That's how they work. However, if you have one with an SD card that also sends you images as they occur, you then have the images in 2 (two) places for added redundancy.

/ Security camera from old smart phone/phones #53  
What? Where? I want one.

$57 now, add $20 for 128M SD card. Get a Poe switch to power it, or 12v. This one is plastic, metal one under $100.

All of the camera’s like this support FTP and now secure FTP if you are worried about theft of camera with the card. Or get an NVR to record to also.
They do good in the dark.

Amcrest 5MP Turret POE Camera, UltraHD Outdoor IP Camera POE with Mic/Audio, 5-Megapixel Security Surveillance Cameras, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens (103° FOV), IP67, MicroSD (256GB), (IP5M-T1179EW) https://a.co/d/4tQeJyp

/ Security camera from old smart phone/phones #54  
IMG_7961.JPG

This taken this morning, 4K camera $89
Note the critter.

Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840x2160, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (256GB), White https://a.co/d/26o5xhA

Last edited:
   / Security camera from old smart phone/phones #56  
This taken this morning, 4K camera $89
Note the critter.

Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera, 3840x2160, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (256GB), White https://a.co/d/26o5xhA
That's wonderful clarity.
And it looks like it triggered the moment the fox came into view.
Great camera!

/ Security camera from old smart phone/phones #57  
I do security cams for a side job and hobby. There's a lot of good ones out there for cheap prices. WYZE is one of the easiest and most reliable ones for cheap. We have remote access cams at our clubhouse in the Laurel Highlands at www.lhsc.net I have 5 cameras up there all different monitoring the property. And a NVR security systems as well. Security can be done on the cheap or pay some more and get higher quality images like the 4k camera mentioned. It should be noted that his image is taken with very good lighting. That helps a lot in the night and there's a little motion blur there but overall it's good due to the lighting. Here's a nice camera that I've bought recently that is an outside one that has motion turning capabilities. For the price it's good.

/ Security camera from old smart phone/phones #58  
I do security cams for a side job and hobby. There's a lot of good ones out there for cheap prices. WYZE is one of the easiest and most reliable ones for cheap. We have remote access cams at our clubhouse in the Laurel Highlands at www.lhsc.net I have 5 cameras up there all different monitoring the property. And a NVR security systems as well. Security can be done on the cheap or pay some more and get higher quality images like the 4k camera mentioned. It should be noted that his image is taken with very good lighting. That helps a lot in the night and there's a little motion blur there but overall it's good due to the lighting. Here's a nice camera that I've bought recently that is an outside one that has motion turning capabilities. For the price it's good.
The Amazon reviews on this look decent. Powered wifi will be simpler than POE. But can this one integrate with Tuya Smart Home to turn on lights etc when it triggers?

Also, I didn't find if it has free cloud storage to view there.

Comments?

/ Security camera from old smart phone/phones #59  
That's wonderful clarity.
And it looks like it triggered the moment the fox came into view.
Great camera!

Actually triggered right before it came into view. I saw shadow first and wondered what it was. It came back again around an hour later. The problem with outdoor cameras is every blowing limb or bush will trigger motion

Here is shot right now from the $57 camera. There are no lights on, lit from the IR on the camera
IMG_7978.JPG

I have remote access and am viewing on my phone. You can trigger emails and txt messages on motion if you want.

Last edited:
   / Security camera from old smart phone/phones #60  
Testing is required for any compatibility for different software applications. But, if a maker says a product is ONVIF compatible then it should work with that application. ONVIF is the open standard that some vendors use to make sure varying cameras will work with varying applications. Sometimes they get it right. Other times it's a challenge to make them work. Testing is the key to it all. I buy cameras and make recommendations based on the testing I do. The one I mentioned does have the capability for a snapshot application on the local LAN. If you open a port you could capture it via the internet as well via a command line URL in a browser. (jpeg image captures) It also of course does video to a NVR (which is what i use mine for). It has it's own app for cell phone of course too. Multiple functionality is one thing I shoot for in a decent camera.