Satoh S650G Problem

/ Satoh S650G Problem #1  

LauerFarms

Tractor
Satoh S650G
Bought a Satoh S650G the other day and while unloading it it ran low on fuel. Refueled with good gas and now it will just crank, fire, run a second and die. But then after about 10 tries of this it ran fine enough to load up a brush hog on a trailer. Shut it off and it did it again. Any help is appreciated.

/ Satoh S650G Problem #2  
Well, this one could be fun considering the age but they are a sweet runnin' little tractor when runnin' right. Have you checked the fuel flow to the carb when it does this?

/ Satoh S650G Problem #3  
Bought a Satoh S650G the other day and while unloading it it ran low on fuel. Refueled with good gas and now it will just crank, fire, run a second and die. But then after about 10 tries of this it ran fine enough to load up a brush hog on a trailer. Shut it off and it did it again. Any help is appreciated.
Air in the line or a vacuum pulling fuel away from the injectors.

You can bleed the lines and check the fuel bowl and filter for any trapped air.

Once it run fine, do a Seafoam cleaner in the fuel system. Any of those built up or tarnished places would become clean again.

/ Satoh S650G Problem
Air in the line or a vacuum pulling fuel away from the injectors.

You can bleed the lines and check the fuel bowl and filter for any trapped air.

Once it run fine, do a Seafoam cleaner in the fuel system. Any of those built up or tarnished places would become clean again.
S650G is a gas tractor! I wish it was a diesel!

/ Satoh S650G Problem #5  
Mine has a carb problem too and I think you might have gotten fine rust in the carb on yours. These carbs have a million tiny parts in them and are impossible to work on.
I ran mine with the choke on and hooked a cable up so it was easy to operate. one hand on the choke, and the other on the steering wheel!
Not ideal but got me by for 11 years til the motor quit from other problems and I found a 340 ih that is a MUCH better tractor.
Still would like to repower the 650 some day with a good motor cause I like the diffy lock and 2 speed pto. hi-lo transmission. nice tractor for the 72" tiller which they said it would never pull but it did!
650 itself was a great little tractor but just didnt have a decent motor in it!

/ Satoh S650G Problem #6  
Mine has a carb problem too and I think you might have gotten fine rust in the carb on yours. These carbs have a million tiny parts in them and are impossible to work on.
I ran mine with the choke on and hooked a cable up so it was easy to operate. one hand on the choke, and the other on the steering wheel!
Not ideal but got me by for 11 years til the motor quit from other problems and I found a 340 ih that is a MUCH better tractor.
Still would like to repower the 650 some day with a good motor cause I like the diffy lock and 2 speed pto. hi-lo transmission. nice tractor for the 72" tiller which they said it would never pull but it did!
650 itself was a great little tractor but just didnt have a decent motor in it!
It must be so common of a problem on the S650G that Valley Power has a DIY repower carb kit. The price seems very reasonable as carb kits today are very pricey.

Something to consider if you like a little project. :)

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION​

This is a new carburetor for the Satoh S550G and S650G and the International 284 tractor. We have modified it to fit in place of your old carburetor but YOU WILL HAVE TO MODIFY YOUR OWN MANIFOLD. (DIY do it yourself). This will require you to drill and tap the mounting holes, install threads inserts and then new studs for mounting the new carburetor. We will furnish the thread insert kit in addition to a new fuel filter, fuel line, vacuum line, mounting studs and choke cable.

1659029928883.png