Grapple Root/Brush Grapple

/ Root/Brush Grapple #1  

landdog49

Tractor
Zetor 7441 Cab FEL, Kioti DK45SE HST Cab FEL
I want to buy root/brush grapple to fit a 45HP Kioti DK45SE HST w/loader KL401 (skid steer connections). Lift Capacity to Full Height at Pins 2,716 LBS; breakout 3,727LBS. I am hard on equipment thus I need something that is strong yet light enough for the Kioti.
All suggestion and ideas are appreciated.

/ Root/Brush Grapple #2  
How many rear remote valves does your tractor have? Are you interested in a bucket grapple, or a root grapple? Some of the HD grapples require dual rear romotes.

/ Root/Brush Grapple #3  
WRLong makes a good grapple. They have several different models for what ever use you might have. I think IslandTractor has the same size tractor so you might want to PM him.

/ Root/Brush Grapple #4  
You might also check out Markham welding. For around 1000 you can have one of their light duty 48 inch grapples.

/ Root/Brush Grapple #5  
How many rear remote valves does your tractor have? Are you interested in a bucket grapple, or a root grapple? Some of the HD grapples require dual rear romotes.

McGeesEquip, would you please explain what the reason is that you need multiple remotes for the operation of the HD grapple that you are referencing? :confused3:

/ Root/Brush Grapple #6  
McGeesEquip, would you please explain what the reason is that you need multiple remotes for the operation of the HD grapple that you are referencing? :confused3:

Ditto:confused:

/ Root/Brush Grapple #7  
A single set of rear remotes or a set of front mounted remotes is all that is needed.

Regarding a root/brush grapple for the KL401 loader. I have a 48 inch Millonzi grapple that is roughly equivalent to the Markham light duty or the WRLong OMG style "traditional" grapple on my DK40se. Works absolutely fine so there is zero reason to invest in anything more expensive or heavier duty. Grapple plus the KL401 is a truly mean brush killing machine.

Attachments

• grappling boulder.jpg
    grappling boulder.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_4369smallfile.jpg
    IMG_4369smallfile.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_5603smallfile.jpg
    IMG_5603smallfile.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 286
   / Root/Brush Grapple #8  
The two most logical and popular choices are Markham and WR Long for light duty grapples. Search the term "grapple" for HOURS of reading:thumbsup:

/ Root/Brush Grapple

The rear remote is 1 set. Want a root grapple with thumb grapple control on HYD control lever and 2 HYD CYLs.

/ Root/Brush Grapple
The two most logical and popular choices are Markham and WR Long for light duty grapples. Search the term "grapple" for HOURS of reading:thumbsup:

There must be 30-40 MFG of grapples. I have spent hours looking.
There are so many different designs and sizes that I am infused, confused, and defused.

Currently I am using a chain clamp-on 5 tooth fork attachment on a bucket. It is impossible to see the times for the bucket thus yesterday I bent one of the 2 SQ times 180 degrees. So I want something that is strong yet light enough to have as much lift capacity as possible.

What problem has anyone had with any MFG?