RK Tractor Prices

/ RK Tractor Prices #1  

4tillingdirt

Silver Member
Tractor
N/A
An RK 55 has gone up $5K since it was introduced? That is freaking ridiculous.

/ RK Tractor Prices
Inflation. The country can't keep going the way it is going. The economy is going to take a giant dump. That tractor was $28K LAST YEAR. That isn't just supply and demand and as far as me vacillating, I don't necessarily even need a tractor. What is the point of having a forum if people can't make comments.

Last edited:
   / RK Tractor Prices
My other posts have been questions and why are you even concerned about me ranting about the prices going up that much - you have a Kubota. Are you interested in purchasing an RK tractor?

/ RK Tractor Prices #4  
An RK 55 has gone up $5K since it was introduced? That is freaking ridiculous.
I just noticed this today and my eyes bulged when I saw the current price of the RK55HC ($36,599) that I paid $29,999 for in December of 2018. They had a $2k price increase in January of 2019 which is why I purchased when I did. Does this mean my tractor is now worth more than I bought it for? Ha.

/ RK Tractor Prices #5  
I just noticed this today and my eyes bulged when I saw the current price of the RK55HC ($36,599) that I paid $29,999 for in December of 2018. They had a $2k price increase in January of 2019 which is why I purchased when I did. Does this mean my tractor is now worth more than I bought it for? Ha.
I seriously doubt it!
A new sale provides a warranty, and financing.
Even a low hour used seller cannot compete with new, so must offer at a reduced price, while hoping for a buyer to surface with $30K (?) cash.
RK is not considered a well known brand, so that also has a very meaningful place in the value equation.
JD and Kubota do best in the resale market, and also have similar warranty and financing issues, but because of their popularity/desirability, their resale is not effected as significantly.

Last edited:
   / RK Tractor Prices #6  
I seriously doubt it!
A new sale provides a warranty, and financing.
A used seller cannot compete with that, so must offer at a reduced price, while waiting for a buyer with $30K (?) cash.
RK is not considered a well known brand, so that has a place in the value equation also.
JD and Kubota do best in the resale market, while also having the same warranty and financing issues, but because of their market share, their resale is not effected as significantly.
The value of U.S. dollar has tanked due to current policies of large amounts of deficit spending.

/ RK Tractor Prices #8  
Thu USD has dropped a couple % against the Korean won over the past 14 months. But I think around Feb countries started to power back up. They have demand and a shortage of raw materials. Which equals price increase. I figure we'll see 5%+ inflation this year in the US.

Which makes me all the happier having paid more to wait longer for my new RK :)

/ RK Tractor Prices #9  
You all have arrived at the reasoning behind my decision to purchase my tractor now and not wait another year.
Besides we all love new toys!

Last edited: