Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same?

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #21  
I don’t think you ever actually said what carrier you are currently using but since You discussed it with your next door neighbor and he recommended you switch to AT&T because he has excellent coverage at his house to me that sounds like probably your best option.

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same?
I don’t think you ever actually said what carrier you are currently using but since You discussed it with your next door neighbor and he recommended you switch to AT&T because he has excellent coverage at his house to me that sounds like probably your best option.
Currently tested with Verizon and t-Mobil…

Neighbors ATT only works since he added an ATT supplied mini cell tower in the rafter of his garage… before the extra hardware ATT only worked standing outside in the middle of the street.

Both came to me originally at no cost as work provided but the Hospital Moto on T-Mobil is the one dying and the one I now pay all the monthly cost. The Verizon is no cost through property management and both useless at the semi rural Olympia WA place.

Even living inside the city limits of Oakland in a huge major metro is no assurance of cell coverage.

Maybe there is a correlation to cell coverage and tractor ownership?

My brother signed up for the Verizon Cube for the seasonal Christmas tree sales and work very well… he said I should borrow it to try at my place before he cancels.

As far as range… my friend has an old beat up LG with broken screen and it works where others don’t… got me thinking some are better than others?

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #23  
It’s more a matter of your wireless carrier and cell tower network than your phone. In much of the rural west, Verizon is the only carrier with good coverage outside of urban areas.
^This.

Thought it was kind of funny...ATT was doing a project near the town nearest me and had to provide the crew with Verizon phones so they could communicate.

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #24  
One more vote for Motorola phones. Cr(apple) build quality, very good reception in my experience, and best of all it's without having to choke down the crapple kool-aid

Im leaning towards moto 5g

Ordered a replacement battery from the indy phone store Thanksgiving week and still not in... the store has batteries in stock for all Apple and most Samsung but slim pickins for old Moto.

No complaints on a battery from 2015 as nothing last forever...

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #26  
Well my Apple iPhone 7 on Verizon usually works excellent but that sure doesn’t mean it would work in your area. In my house I usually only have 1 or 2 bars but the phone works . The county I live in is putting up 17 new towers so when done the entire county is supposed to be covered, but they’ve been working on it for three years already and it’s looking like it’s going to take another year or more. When they started they said the project was going to take 2 years.

Last edited:
   / Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #27  
My limited experience with sat phones is that they don't work under trees. It's been years since I tried one though so that may have changed but I doubt it. Sirius is satellite based yet that also was constantly fading out on me. I also have a satellite based "Inreach" for emergencies and light texting. It's better than nothing but you still need a very clear line of sight to the Sats for it to work.

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #28  
What ever model you decide on, look for it on SWAPPA.com first.
I've bought three phones there and highly recommend them. I will never buy a new phone from a carrier again.

Good luck.

/ Replacing Cell Phone… what has good range or all about the same? #29  
I am using a Samsung Galaxiy S-10, get good reception in most areas using AT&T towers and Red Pocket service. $220 per year for 10 GB data per month, unlimited minutes of phone time and unlimited texts. Prepay by the year, buy it on Ebay or direct from the company. They sell newer phones also at rather good prices, both Apple and Samsung.
Been with them for about four or five years now, decent customer service and a good price.

One thing I need is a lot of hotspot time… currently it is unlimited but does throttle back once a threshold is reached.