Replace sediment bowl with inline filter

/ Replace sediment bowl with inline filter #42  
I doubt it. I monitor things closely and have never had anything show up in my sediment bowl. The engine produces full power and runs fine.
I have a spare filter on the shelf ready to go at a moments notice. I don't believe in replacing a fuel filter based on some arbitrary number or date. When it has collected enough debris to affect performance, I will replace it and likely cut it open out of curiosity.
So for the price of two new filters 16 years ago, I have gotten all those hours of use and not lost any sleep over it.

I replaced my secondary filter at 400 hours, which is what the maintenance chart recommended. That's just what I feel comfortable with... I can see waiting for symptoms with a replacement filter available.

On my newly installed Racor filter / separator I installed a vacuum gauge that will let me know when a change is necessary.

/ Replace sediment bowl with inline filter #43  
I replaced my secondary filter at 400 hours, which is what the maintenance chart recommended. That's just what I feel comfortable with... I can see waiting for symptoms with a replacement filter available.

On my newly installed Racor filter / separator I installed a vacuum gauge that will let me know when a change is necessary.
Not a bad idea but I can easily see how much crud is in the clear bowl below the filter and too many accessories equals too many potential leaks. I'll never replace mine (or clean the sediment bowl) ever again.

/ Replace sediment bowl with inline filter
I think you are just fighting yourself now. My suggestion was to replace the entire OEM secondary filter assembly with the Racor unit, should bolt up perfectly. You could use a throw-away inline filter as your primary filter. Or just keep your sediment bowl with the screen in it.
I thank both you and 5030 for your inputs. There's no doubt you both have help many people in the past with their problems. But, and I'd think you'd agree with me, the term "one size fits all" does not apply to all instances where the same problem exists. Per 5030's suggestion to mount the Racor STYLE filter right off the tank outlet or between the sediment bowl and the lift pump, there is no room. I am not sure if there's room to remove the old secondary filter and replace it with a Racor STYLE mount and filter either. That's why I was inquiring about the possibility of swapping the OEM nipple for one that would accept the Racor STYLE spin on filter I found since the filter itself is smaller than the OEM filter.

As far as me being "cheap", if the choices are yes or no I'd have to say yes though I prefer to use the term frugal. It sounds like both of you pour beaucoupe amounts of fuel through your machinery at home or at work which I do not. If I can spend less than $30.00 compared to $70.00 and achieve the same results I'm going to be "frugal".

Unbeknowst to me, there's been a lot of activity on this thread since I started responding to Bob's last post. Me thinks it's time to put this subject to bed (mike drop).

/ Replace sediment bowl with inline filter #45  
I thank both you and 5030 for your inputs. There's no doubt you both have help many people in the past with their problems. But, and I'd think you'd agree with me, the term "one size fits all" does not apply to all instances where the same problem exists. Per 5030's suggestion to mount the Racor STYLE filter right off the tank outlet or between the sediment bowl and the lift pump, there is no room. I am not sure if there's room to remove the old secondary filter and replace it with a Racor STYLE mount and filter either. That's why I was inquiring about the possibility of swapping the OEM nipple for one that would accept the Racor STYLE spin on filter I found since the filter itself is smaller than the OEM filter.

As far as me being "cheap", if the choices are yes or no I'd have to say yes though I prefer to use the term frugal. It sounds like both of you pour beaucoupe amounts of fuel through your machinery at home or at work which I do not. If I can spend less than $30.00 compared to $70.00 and achieve the same results I'm going to be "frugal".

Unbeknowst to me, there's been a lot of activity on this thread since I started responding to Bob's last post. Me thinks it's time to put this subject to bed (mike drop).
One last word, and just to be clear, the Racor assembly is approximately the same size as the OEM assembly. This would also be true with 5030's filter head using the Racor element.
Ok, I'm done with this too, please don't reply to me.