Repair manual 5740

/ Repair manual 5740 #11  
If anyone has a manual for the 5740c that they could email. I would greatly appreciate it. We too are having issues with the fuel tank and hydrauilics.
Email is dmwrnmom44@gmail.com. thanks

Check here Index of /files. I also have a much better service manual that i can email to you.

Sent you an email incase you don't come back :(

/ Repair manual 5740 #12  
I need a repair manual as well.. Was wondering if there are fusible links located somewhere on the 5740c... My ignition wiring was hanging down near the brake petal linkage behind the plastic cover... When I set the parking brake it smashed th power wire to ignition. Shorting to ground and immediately lost all power.... I have found and repaired the melted wire but can't get power back... Checked all fuses. None blown and no power to anything for that matter...any ideas?

/ Repair manual 5740 #13  
Where can i get a repair manual(service manual) for a 5740 Montana tractor?

/ Repair manual 5740 #14  
If you will check back in older threads, there was a person who had them and would e-mail you a copy or indicated where you could go to download a copy. The manual that comes with the Montanas isn't worth a flip. It reads like it was written by a drunk Korean and isn't very helpful anyway.

/ Repair manual 5740 #15  
There were fusible links on the starter that feeds power to the cab, ignition etc. My ignition switch was melted so had to replace it and the reusable links and put back together.. No more electrical problems.

/ Repair manual 5740 #16  
Hello folks. I recently bought a 5740 montana with 480 hours on it. I just hit 500 and the Syncro gear issue has struck. I would like to know if there is a way to plasma cut the floor instead of removing the cab? Does anyone have any pics on the location of where the affected parts are? Is there still a user on here who may have a shop manual that would perhaps guide us with the repairs? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

/ Repair manual 5740 #17  
Hello folks. I recently bought a 5740 montana with 480 hours on it. I just hit 500 and the Syncro gear issue has struck. I would like to know if there is a way to plasma cut the floor instead of removing the cab? Does anyone have any pics on the location of where the affected parts are? Is there still a user on here who may have a shop manual that would perhaps guide us with the repairs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The cab is designed to tilt back. If you notice there are back hinge points of the cab attached on top of the rear axle. Disconnect all the electrical plugs, there is no need to cut any wire at all. The AC lines have quick connects just above the fuel tank so there is no need to de pressure the AC system. Disconnect all the linkages, heater hoses and unbolt the front part of the cab leaving the back pivot points bolted. Get a lift or a few strong buds and tilt the cab towards the back of the tractor. This will open up the top area on the transmission where you can pull the inspection covers off and look down the transmission for your problems.

/ Repair manual 5740 #18  
Hello I just bought a Montana 5740 tractor and would like to know where you can get an owners and service manuals. Thanks for and help. You can e-mail me at scott5679@comcast.net

/ Repair manual 5740 #19  
Just joined and new to the forum. I've got a 5740 and having issues with clutch/transmission slipping (only 1050 hrs). First thought was clutch going out, but afraid it might be clutches in trans. Tractor will stop pulling but my PTO still works (maybe slows up a little, but it still turns bush hog). Any help in diagnosing my problem would be much obliged. I also would like to find a download for a service manual....Thanks, Bruce

/ Repair manual 5740 #20  
do you have a copy of the service manual I can get
thanks
Mike