Removing loader joystick handle MT357

/ Removing loader joystick handle MT357 #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
Putting on the 3rd function valve on my MT3 57 and was wondering how to remove the plastic knob from the end of the joystick for the loader. Does it pull off straight or does it need to be rotated? Tried a couple of times but it's really stuck on there.

/ Removing loader joystick handle MT357 #2  
There's a cover plate on the joystick for an LS version of a 3rd function - not sure where you can get the 3rd function parts tho but my cover plate fell off a few times and how I know about it. If thats something yer interested in.

/ Removing loader joystick handle MT357 #3  
I twisted the crap outta mine, believing it was threaded on. But when it didn't come off, I jerked it up a few times and it finally popped off. It was glued or pressed really hard into the plastic. You can see the shaft in one of my videos at the 14:41 mark. No threading.

and this one at 18:16 I remove the factory joystick. I've done this before this video was posted. It was much harder than I show in the video!

This is of course for the XR41xx. Which I am 90% sure is the same as your tractor in regards to the joystick. Hope this helps!