Reiser Trailers

/ Reiser Trailers #11  
I just purchased a Rieser equipment hauler 20' 14k capacity, after a lengthy research period. I was, like everyone else, looking for a well built unit at the best price. I actually found prices on similar design and capacities very close but I would have to travel some distance to retrieve the trailer. Try to find a dealer that sells lots of trailers. This keeps the price as low as possible, generally, due to reduced costs associated with transportation from manufacturer to dealer. A dealer that sells plenty of trailers often get a free trailer or two a year from the manufacturer. The dealers who don't sell many pay more to the manufacturer and pass that cost on to the buyer. I drove 180 miles to get the same trailer my local dealer has on its lot for $1400 cheaper!

My Reiser has the slipper suspension which is a solid design over some of the competition and 6" channel frame with 3" transverse beams at 24" OC. Lights are not LED but does have the 12k foot jack on the front with 2x8 PT decking and radial load E tires.

So, in a nut-shell, prices can be very subjective with respect to quality due to transportation costs to the dealer. Look for trailer qualities and design that best serve your specific application then look for the best price available.

Be careful with trailers in the 10-12k GVWR and make sure you compare apples to apples. Some come with slipper suspension and some don't. Some come with 6 lug tires some come with 8 lug. Others have 16" OC transverse supports and others are 24". I'm sure you get the picture. Good luck. I'm super pleased with my Reiser's quality and certainly the price too.

Still happy with your Reiser trailer? Anyone else have one that likes it? Deciding between Reiser and BigTex on a 14k beavertail. PJ is just too expensive.
Luke

/ Reiser Trailers #12  
Have you looked at hudson trailers I won't buy any other brand

/ Reiser Trailers #13  
Hudson's are undoubtedly good quality but me thinks too expensive.

/ Reiser Trailers #14  
Your location in New England puts you dead center between 100s of trailer dealers in New England and NY. Don't be afraid to travel a bit. Kaufman, PJ, Hudson etc.

/ Reiser Trailers #15  
Still happy with your Reiser trailer? Anyone else have one that likes it? Deciding between Reiser and BigTex on a 14k beavertail. PJ is just too expensive.
Luke

What kind of 14k trailer are you looking for?

/ Reiser Trailers #17  
Equipment. Beavertail with ramps or stationary front tilt. 20foot

Since you are going with a 14k trailer have you thought about a longer trailer like 24'? There is a guy in Carlisle, PA that has a lot of trailers at great prices. I know a lot of people from the new England area have bought trailers from him. His name is Best Choice trailers. He lists a lot of trailers on the Harrisburg, PA craigslist. If you search "best choice trailers 14K" you can get an idea of what he has but I bet he has more than what is on CL. If you are willing to take a drive you save some money. You could call him and see if he has what you are looking for see how the price compares.

Here is a 24' power tilt deckover.

NEW 2015 102x24' LOAD TRAIL POWER TILT DECKOVER EQUIPMENT TRAILER 14K

18' power tilt, a 20' should not be much more.

NEW 2015 7x18' LOAD TRAIL POWER TILT LOW PROFILE EQUIPMENT TRAILER 14K

22' deck over

NEW 2015 102x22' LOAD TRAIL DECKOVER EQUIPMENT TRAILER 14K

/ Reiser Trailers #18  
Equipment. Beavertail with ramps or stationary front tilt. 20foot

Since you are going with a 14k trailer have you thought about a longer trailer like 24'? There is a guy in Carlisle, PA that has a lot of trailers at great prices. I know a lot of people from the new England area have bought trailers from him. His name is Best Choice trailers. He lists a lot of trailers on the Harrisburg, PA craigslist. If you search "best choice trailers 14K" you can get an idea of what he has but I bet he has more than what is on CL. If you are willing to take a drive you save some money. You could call him and see if he has what you are looking for see how the price compares.

Here is a 24' power tilt deckover.

NEW 2015 102x24' LOAD TRAIL POWER TILT DECKOVER EQUIPMENT TRAILER 14K

18' power tilt, a 20' should not be much more.

NEW 2015 7x18' LOAD TRAIL POWER TILT LOW PROFILE EQUIPMENT TRAILER 14K

22' deck over

NEW 2015 102x22' LOAD TRAIL DECKOVER EQUIPMENT TRAILER 14K

/ Reiser Trailers #19  
Thanks for the info Bullitt! I will check it out but probably too far away.