Real estate General topic

/ Real estate General topic
I’m at the young end of the baby boomers, I’m 61. You trying to kill me off? ;)
Not specifically :) But facts are facts, if we look at 70-79 y/o; I would assume something like 10-15% of them die every year. Not trying to wish for anyone, but none of us get out of this alive.

I don't think anyone can predict the macro situation more than 5 years out.

I could easily see re-urbanization starting, or continued white flight. I dont currently see the majority rebelling against the planned HOA/development/CDD fee type neighborhoods; but maybe?

Is the current 'Homesteading' trend a fad or here to stay? Who knows. If property keeps skyrocketing, will younger people start buying in dilapidated urban areas?

Heck, will sea level raise enough that FLa becomes the Lousina Bayou?

Heck, I watched a video last night about illegals going back to Mex., after realizing they lost money working here, and trying to survive here, and they actually had a better standard of living at home.

Shoot, I hope that stuff doesn't come off as political, not the intent at all. Just doesn't seem possible to talk about housing supply, with out talking about population and demand; and over 10% of the current pop is immigrants.

/ Real estate General topic #44  
In five years, the real estate market will collapse in the same way it always does. So save up with liquid cash and wait for it.
"They" have been saying that it's going to crash since 2019. I've been waiting.
Just Google "real estate is going to crash" with a time frame April 1, 2018 through April 1, 2020 and you get plenty of links (example).
I'm still waiting. My mattresses are full.

/ Real estate General topic #45  
Shoot, I hope that stuff doesn't come off as political, not the intent at all. Just doesn't seem possible to talk about housing supply, with out talking about population and demand; and over 10% of the current pop is immigrants.
My mom's an immigrant.
Came to the US in 1949.

/ Real estate General topic #46  
Heck, I watched a video last night about illegals going back to Mex., after realizing they lost money working here, and trying to survive here, and they actually had a better standard of living at home.
That's just like a lot of us. I moved from rural northern Vermont where there were no jobs to the D.C. area, put in my career and am trying to bail out to Mississippi where my dollars buy a lot more of what I want (land and open space).

/ Real estate General topic #48  
We also have more and more remote working stuff; where you might be able to work as a well-paid project manager, from remote WVa or Ark, and that affects home sales trends too.

I was thinking about that the other day. When my wife and I were looking for land, the biggest challenge was to find something that was a reasonable commute to work and reasonably priced.

At the time, land in a convenient location was going for $10-12K/acre. Go another 45 minutes away from town, and there were large tracts available for $1700/acre.

As we neared retirement, both of us were working from home. Things would be different if we had that option 25 years ago.