Real estate General topic

/ Real estate General topic #61  
So, wife and I went riding around the area looking this evening. She wanted to relook at an oddball parcel (I more or less veto'd).

I actually might text this one tomorrow and see what he's actually selling.

This is what I 'guessed' the 9.4 acres is; as its currently like a 40 acres random shaped chunk of woods.
Size looks about right for ~10 ac. Plenty of neighbors but across the road. btw If the orange line were a natural drain I wouldn't want to be them. Clearing for a house and barn could be a J O B. Better come cheap per acre.

Be careful when imagining good hunting w/o crops or food plots, and neighbors or their pets perhaps spooking deer away.

/ Real estate General topic
Size looks about right for ~10 ac. Plenty of neighbors but across the road. btw If the orange line were a natural drain I wouldn't want to be them. Clearing for a house and barn could be a J O B. Better come cheap per acre.

Be careful when imagining good hunting w/o crops or food plots, and neighbors or their pets perhaps spooking deer away.
Yeah, not sure I'm gonna look at that any further, it just seems to be too boxed in, and although I haven't dug into it too much further, it's got an odd zoning/land-use of RR (Rural Residential). Typically almost everything around here is zoned A2 Ag, and generally, I'm pretty familiar with that.

In some states ag zoning comes with a break on property taxes.
Here it's a Bona Fide Agricultural Property that gets significant breaks; and that is related to the actual use of the land to make money at agriculture, and not related to zoning.

/ Real estate General topic #65  
Yeah, not sure I'm gonna look at that any further, it just seems to be too boxed in, and although I haven't dug into it too much further, it's got an odd zoning/land-use of RR (Rural Residential). Typically almost everything around here is zoned A2 Ag, and generally, I'm pretty familiar with that.
The lot behind me, which I was unable to convince my wife to buy, is similarly surrounded by smaller lots, like this one you posted. A guy who is my "new" neighbor bought and built on it 10 years ago, and he had some issues with all of the legacy neighbors using his lot as their dumping ground for yard waste, old swingsets, etc. He eventually talked with all of the neighbors, with varying levels of push-back, but I do believe he finally has all those issues resolved.

Point being, all of those neighbors are looking at that "unused woods" as a perfect place to dump their stuff, for their kids to play, etc. Usually not a huge issue, but a minor annoyance if not addressed.

That said, I like the lot, but I'm a water rat. How big is that body of water? Any chance to build a dock?

The lot behind me, which I was unable to convince my wife to buy, is similarly surrounded by smaller lots, like this one you posted. A guy who is my "new" neighbor bought and built on it 10 years ago, and he had some issues with all of the legacy neighbors using his lot as their dumping ground for yard waste, old swingsets, etc. He eventually talked with all of the neighbors, with varying levels of push-back, but I do believe he finally has all those issues resolved.

Point being, all of those neighbors are looking at that "unused woods" as a perfect place to dump their stuff, for their kids to play, etc. Usually not a huge issue, but a minor annoyance if not addressed.

That said, I like the lot, but I'm a water rat. How big is that body of water? Any chance to build a dock?
That water body is approx 80 acres, connected somewhat to a 320 acre nicer (ie deeper, less marshy banked) lake by a sketchy, seasonal, channel. Think kayaks, jon boats with mud motor, or air boat; probably less than 24" channel, maybe 8-12 feet wide, and heavily weeded.

/ Real estate General topic #67  
That water body is approx 80 acres, connected somewhat to a 320 acre nicer (ie deeper, less marshy banked) lake by a sketchy, seasonal, channel. Think kayaks, jon boats with mud motor, or air boat; probably less than 24" channel, maybe 8-12 feet wide, and heavily weeded.
Hmm... sounds like a giant mosquito farm, from that description.

Too shallow for small sailboats. :(

Hmm... sounds like a giant mosquito farm, from that description.

Too shallow for small sailboats. :(
It basically used to be 1 large 480 acre lake; and now is one large, nice, southern lake, and a less nice, northern lake, that was 2 clear, 20 acre, deep areas, and about 40 acres of 3-5 ft deep, grass/lily/shore areas.

My concern, would be, 9.4 acres, surrounded by 1/2 acre lake homes (1950s-1970s vintage); kinda forces your hand a bit on home site, and with that, usable land vs privacy. I was noisy enough to dig into the property appraiser info; and it's actually like 8 acres once you discount the road, which is part of this property, with a county prescriptive easement over it (dang near a county Right of Way, more or less, county claimed by maintenance,)

Do other areas of the US have so many oddly cut up rural properties, or is this a FLa thing? I know a lot of our property lines and all have to do with maximizing the number of lots that can be sold as water front, sometimes leading to some bizarre shapes.