Ranch Hand Bumper

/ Ranch Hand Bumper #11  
Factory bumpers are paper thin. Installed a TJM bully bar over twenty years ago. Has stopped a couple of deer, turkey, bumped some bison and thankfully missed a moose. 10,500# two speed hydraulic mile marker winch has be most helpful. Directional pulling trees from buildings, fence rows and roads. Few stuck vehicles and equipment. Continuous duty off the power steering pump. Two speed quickly deploys or retrieves cable best feature. Scary strong like the old Power Wagons,,,something is going to move.
IMG_0042.jpeg

/ Ranch Hand Bumper
I like the power steering pump models, but don’t know how high (lbs) they can go.

/ Ranch Hand Bumper #14  
I like the power steering pump models, but don’t know how high (lbs) they can go.
Milemarker website lists several up to 18K. More than you probably want in front of your truck. Can’t overstate the convenience of a two speed winch for rigging lengths of cable. Tree, log work, fence building VS self extraction. Depends on your use.

Had a 8K Warn hydraulic winch on a SSQA/3pt grapple that was plenty strong. Electric winches near capacity are so slooow and take considerable time to cool between pulls.

/ Ranch Hand Bumper
I’ll check out the Milemarker 18K.

/ Ranch Hand Bumper #16  
We have something similar on our 1 ton. Gotta do some work on it since no towhooks are accessible.

/ Ranch Hand Bumper
Added loop shackles to the front bumper. Overkill with the factory tow loops, but I figured what the heck.
I am adding small LED lights soon, too.

Also took RAM out for a highway ride to see if there was any wind noise. Nothing at 60-65.
I was concerned about that.

/ Ranch Hand Bumper #18  
I always thought those bumpers were a bad idea unless a truck like yours Haydude. I see 3/4 ton diesels that are already nose heavy and short on payload and you’re just adding something heavier to the nose. In the case of your truck that has a high payload rating it’s less of a big deal.