• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

160 Hour Check-in

/ 160 Hour Check-in #1  

isleview

Tractor
Summit Tractors TX25
Inspired by the recent and obviously sincere “just asking questions” posts about Summit Tractors as an ongoing concern, I’m checking in to say I’ve got about 160 hours on the TX25 and all is well. I find a use for the tractor nearly every day and the TX25 continues to exceed expectations.

Since getting the delivery issues sorted, which I documented here, the only problem I’ve had with the tractor has been the universal joint guard plate. The plate’s located just beneath the footwell and the clearance is simply not enough to ensure that the two parts will never come into contact. Summit’s has or is working on a redesign.

I first had a problem with it early on and Summit walked me through the easy 10-minute fix. The plate‘s making contact with the universal from time to time again.

I also posted some thoughts about the 50 hour maintenance routine, which I think could be improved on in some small ways but it’s overall pretty straightforward and fairly well documented between the owner’s manual and Summit’s supplementary digital content.

After 6 months of ownership and regular use, I can say I remain very happy with my Summit TX25. All things considered, the headwinds I’ve experienced so far have been trivial. Knowing what I know now, I‘d buy it all over again. Very competitively priced, the customer support has been excellent so far and, perhaps most importantly, the TX25 has been capable and reliable.

Footnotes:

As I mentioned, I have a use for the TX25 on nearly a daily basis. We’ve got just over 70 acres with a network of trails (some new, some ancient) and a 1/2 mile driveway. For better or worse, there’s no shortage of work that needs to be done.

Some of the jobs the TX25 does include:

Snow pushing (HLA 1500)
Tree and debris moving (mainly Summit GX Grapple)
Chipping/mulching (Woodland Mills WC46)
Grooming, resurfacing and trail making (Summit’s BoxPlane, Landscape Rake, Rear Blade)
Light-ish earth moving (Summit bucket)

Ad bottom of page