Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55?

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #1  

MikeH-OH

Tractor
RK 55 HSC, JD3200,
Hi All,

This is just my 2nd TBN post, and when making my first I did not realize all these sub forums existed.

I made a butchered experience thread on the main forum yesterday.

Suffice it to say my experience has been very poor with service, but at just 330 hrs, I should not have had to experience the service needs that I have.

WHEN it works, my machine has performed very well. There have simply been to many times that it doesn't work.

I know the tractors are fairly new, and many RK buyers are not the kind to put a lot of hours on their machines. If there's anyone else here with 300+ hours, I wonder if you could share any issues you've had? I'm seriously thinking about dumping this machine while it's still got some value, even if sun fade and narrow trail maintenance have been hard on its physical appearance.

Mike

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #2  
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm around 250 and no tractor issues to speak of. Generally good interactions with rk, tho their staffing struggles are apparent.

If your rk store is a problem, try the nearest tym and Mahindra dealers. I had a problem (self inflicted) they knew the tractor from their own lineup and stepped up w advice and shop time.

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55?
Thank you for the suggestion.

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #4  
Tuscarawas Cty. OH....I think I know where that is located

And how to pronounce it....

😄

Just a quiet stretch of 77 to most of the world. I hope it stays that way, neighbor.

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #6  
Almost 700 hours on the rk55. Faded paint, front wheel hub seal replaced, hazard switch went bad, Other than that has been routine maintenance and the other items that broke were because of operator error not the fault of the machine.

Almost 700 hours on the rk55. Faded paint, front wheel hub seal replaced, hazard switch went bad, Other than that has been routine maintenance and the other items that broke were because of operator error not the fault of the machine.
Thank you. You're giving me some HOPE.

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #8  
Five hours shy of 300. Issues below:

1. Leaking steering cylinder - replaced under warranty - no leaks since.
2. Leaking 4x4 shaft seal - replaced myself - no leaks since.
3. Leaking 4x4 actuator o-ring - replaced myself - no leaks since.
4. Leaking union/o-ring (if there is one?) on rear hydraulic remotes - have yet to diagnose/fix.
5. Unlevel bucket - may try to straighten in the future, but prob not. Doesn't really affect the work I need it for.
6. Engine fan hit shroud on unlevel ground. Adjusted shroud - hasn't hit since.

Overall, happy with my $30K tractor. Not sure I'd buy one today though at $36.5K

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #9  
I'm almost to 300 hours. I think it has 288 or so. I haven't had a lick of problems with my tractor. I use it mostly for brush hogging, mowing, and moving/loading hay. I run my tractor hard when I'm using it, because it's a hydrostatic. I've only had it for just over a year now. I actually bought it with 39 hours on it. The people I bought it from needed something with higher lift capacity on the loader, so I got a really good deal on the tractor and a brush hog. I'm still happy with it so far. Between myself, my brother and my dad, we have 7 tractors, so I've been around them for a few years. We have Kubota's, Fords, Massey, and New Holland. Mine is the only hydrostatic, and I love it.

/ Anyone have 300+ hours on their RK55? #10  
Just wanted to put in an update, I now have 414 hours on my RK55 Hydro and have not had a single problem as of yet. Although there may be a developing problem. I have noticed a little oil build up on the right rear tire. It looks like one of the rear seals might be starting to leak. Very little though and it seems to have stopped for the time being. I finally had to go through a regen at 397 hours. I've used it a lot in the hay field this summer, everything from mowing, raking and tedding. I didn't think i would like it for raking, but because of the way the wheels set, you can really make a sharp turn with it. We mow with a disc mower, and although I've used the disc mower behind it, it's really not big enough to handle the weight really well. It'll do okay on level ground but a 1200 pound Kuhn mower is a bit much on any hill. I do however really like using the sickle bar mower behind it for trimming the fields out, especially on a rainy day when you can't put up hay.