Ram Truck Question

/ Ram Truck Question #31  
2013 started the DEF and DPF with EGR. One thing to remember is if you defeat the emissions systems, that's not a state thing, that's a federal law! You could be checked at any time no matter when driving on an interstate highway. Be careful with yours words as they're look I ng for comments to then check up on them. I'm just saying.
I wish they would check for disabled mufflers. But Stalin would be proud of our government intrusion.

/ Ram Truck Question #32  
2012-13 saw DEF added to a lot of diesel engines
2008 was the year they all got DPF’s
The 2008 year was the reason I switched to a gasoline truck. I didn't know about the DPF's being added. I ordered a nice Ram in the late summer of 2007. A little later I got a call "They quit making 2007s. Your only choice is to accept a 2008". I don't remember anything about any changes on the $ but there must have been.
I ordered the 2008 and, just before it came in, discovered it could ONLY used ultra low sulpher diesel (if memory serves correctly).
I searched and could only find one fuel station within 25 miles that had ultra-low sulpher diesel. The Manager of the dealership told me "They will all have it soon. I don't know if "soon" means 6 weeks or 6 months. Certainly not more than a year or two".
He agreed that it would be unrealistic to expect me to go thru with a deal on a truck that I couldn't fuel.
He gave me back all my deposit and I ended up getting a Ford F150.

/ Ram Truck Question #33  
The 2008 year was the reason I switched to a gasoline truck. I didn't know about the DPF's being added. I ordered a nice Ram in the late summer of 2007. A little later I got a call "They quit making 2007s. Your only choice is to accept a 2008". I don't remember anything about any changes on the $ but there must have been.
I ordered the 2008 and, just before it came in, discovered it could ONLY used ultra low sulpher diesel (if memory serves correctly).
I searched and could only find one fuel station within 25 miles that had ultra-low sulpher diesel. The Manager of the dealership told me "They will all have it soon. I don't know if "soon" means 6 weeks or 6 months. Certainly not more than a year or two".
He agreed that it would be unrealistic to expect me to go thru with a deal on a truck that I couldn't fuel.
He gave me back all my deposit and I ended up getting a Ford F150.

You went from a tank to a toy.
But now you’re back in a tank!

/ Ram Truck Question
These trucks are just like tractors and a ton of other things nowadays. You take the bad with the good. Personally what I see is it's not at all the DEF/DPF that cause the issues, it's the electronics. A bit ridiculous in this day and age. My line of work is all computer based controls and electronics and we don't even approach having these sort of issues. Our control systems and voltage regulators are in probably 75% of all of the power plants in the world. We just don't see these failure issues like the trucks and tractors experience.

/ Ram Truck Question
I just picked this up today. I like this one better than any that I've seen.

Attachments

• IMG_0227[1].JPG
    IMG_0227[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0226[1].JPG
    IMG_0226[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
   / Ram Truck Question
Yes you can. It's pretty slick.

/ Ram Truck Question
Is there a preferred place to pick up a service manual for one of these trucks? Does anyone have a recommendation?

/ Ram Truck Question #39  
Ebay seems to have a lot of service manuals

/ Ram Truck Question
Yea, no problem finding one. I'm the guy that orders something like that only to find that what I bought is inferior and everyone else has something lightyears better because I never asked. Also, those things range from 20 bucks to 500 bucks.